Audigy 2 ZS not detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy 2 ZS not detected

I bought a Audigy 2 ZS to go with my new computer but whenever i try to install the drivers the setup program tells me that a compatible card was not found. I have tried it in all 3 pci slots and the same error happens. I know it is not the card because i tried it in my other computer and it works fine. I have tried it with and without the onboard audio disabled as well. If I try and use the Add New Hardware feature in the control panel it will not install any drivers even when i direct it to use the unzipped drivers i downloaded. Is there a way i can "copy and paste" the drivers into the system folder to try and get the setup program to see that i have the right card installed. Also device manager does detect that a card is in the computer so i dont think that the pci bus is broken. I am running an Asus A8N SLI deluxe with the newest bios version. Any suggestions would be appreciated, i can provide detailed system info if you think it will help.

Re: Audigy 2 ZS not detected

- Unless you want the added bloatware that comes with Creative driver sets, you might try allowing Windows to detect it. It works on some boards and don't recall if the Audigy ZS is one of them.

- If you don't want to (or can't) do the above, just try downloading the latest drivers from Creative. You will also want to double check the marking on the sound board to make sure it is in truth a ZS model.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

The problem is that windows won't detect it as something it can install the drivers for. It knows there is a card there but it can't find any drivers to automatically install it. Also the drivers i was using were the newest ones from creatives website. I have also physically checked the card it is an Audigy 2 ZS

Comment

Just shooting in the dark here, but have you installed motherboard chipset drivers? I wouldn't think it would be a problem with your mainboard, but it may be something to try.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Does the core on the soundcard say "Audigy 2" or "Audigy 2 ZS" as there are different drivers for the 2 cards. I bought an OEM Audigy 2 ZS and they mistakenly gave me the regular Audigy 2 and I had the same issues you are having. Try loading Audigy 2 drivers and if that works, then the card is mislabeled.
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

You need to install the drivers from the cd that came with the card. The drivers from the Creative website are just updates. Windows will not have the drivers because it is not an onboard driver.

Comment

Well, the drivers from the web willl work, just none of the extra software like Mediasource and such will work. I still say he either has a regular Audigy 2 or the card is bad. The drivers for the Audigy 2 are different than the Audigy 2 ZS.
              GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
              AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
              PC P&C 500W PSU
              2TB Seagate

Comment

Have you looked in the bios and make sure the onboard sound is disabled.

Maybe a win update that your other computer does not have is causing this. I had an audigy LS that win update broke with the same symptoms. Creative had to issue new drivers for it as the discs no longer worked past that update. I got rid of the card because the new drivers excluded the eq and there is no way to get it back.
                Last edited by maximus7001; 08-09-2006, 07:07 AM.
                athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
                tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
                asus a7n8xe-dlx
                thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
                bfg 6800gt
                seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
                samsung dvdrw
                2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
                logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
                2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
                creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
                mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
                DFI infinity nf4 ultra
                thermaltake tsunami dream -black
                seagate sataII 500gb
                evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
                samsung sata dvd-rw
                2x1024 ocz black
                logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
                ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

I did install the chipset drivers first. The computer works absolutely fine except when i try to install the drivers, the onboard audio works too. Anysways i returned the Audigy 2 ZS (it was the correct model) and got a X-fi extreme music because it was on sale and cheaper. Now i have the EXACT same problem. Same error and everything. The card works flawless in my other computer. I have heard that some NF4 mobos have problems with x-fi cards but because i got the same error with the audigy 2 zs it makes me wonder if something is wrong with my motherboard. In both cases i tried with the onboard audio disabled and enabled and even tried a fresh install of win xp with it disabled to make sure that no previous software is causing the problem. I will try and flash the latest bios (it is a beta but it is newer than the one i have now) and see if that works.
                  Last edited by meesta_sparkle; 08-09-2006, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Maybe try a different PCI slot just for fun ....
                    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I did i have tried all 3 pci slots with both cards, using drivers from the cd and from the internet, no luck. Updating the bios didn't help either. I think i have to RMA the motherboard which is a real pain because i know its going to take a month to get it back.

Comment

have you tried putting some other pci card in any of the slots? like a network card or something?

Comment

What board is it? And you might want to try manually assigning the IRQ as a last ditch effort. The usual issue with Sound BLaster cards is IRQ sharing with certain video cards.
                          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                          PC P&C 500W PSU
                          2TB Seagate

Comment

Maybe u have to get ur mobo replaced or RMA'ed.

Comment

Working...
                            X