Does NE1 use their PC fo mixing??? Need Advice on what to bu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does NE1 use their PC fo mixing??? Need Advice on what to bu

I'm looking to fing out if anyone has used both the SB Live! and the S.Cruz sound cards, and if they have, is the S.Cruz better for raw audio processing?

I DJ and I use the PC for creating some pre-mixed stuff for those difficult nights, and find that on-board sound chips just don't cut it when ur tryin to do some serious filtering on a 5-6 min audio file. Anyone who does any sort of audio processing might be able to give me advice here.....pleeeeeese!!??

I've played around with a lot of mixing software... I've got a sblive value, a Creative MIDI keyboard and a few different progs, and it works great...

If you get the SBlive platinum, it comes with software that allows you to bind sound samples to different keys, which can be handy.. for making mixes, try download the free version of Pro Tools from www.digidesign.com . I highly recommend this.. It's fairly easy to use, has lots of nifty features, and is free..

if you really want to get into it, then you'd be forking out more money for extra hardware and things, which is out of my league.. hope this helps you a bit...

Comment

Cheers, the software I currently run is Cool Edit Pro 1.2, as its a class 64 track mixer. I basically line up the tunes and the majority of the filtering I do is upsampling or downsamping the audio files so they are beat matched. I also use flangers etc, but they're not as intensive on the audio/CPU subsystems.

I used an SB Live! Plat. for a while, but could never quite figure out how to use the soundfonts etc, to full effect... in fact I was crap at it!!! lol

[B][I]What's the worst that can happen eh???

Comment

If you know how to use and like cool edit pro, then definitely check out Pro Tools.. it's a big improvement...

Also, if you wanna do some actual mixing as in turntable stuff, there are some pretty basic programs that will do that kind of thing. But they really aren't much good for anything else.

Soundsfonts do take a bit of getting used to. I don't fully understand them myself yet..

Comment

i use fruityloops to create loops for my songs and cakewalk pro 7 to put it all together. it does the job

i also occasionaly use a soundcraft k1 desk for getting live stuff and creating speccy effects as well as the soundcraft spirit powerstation 600 powered desk for portable stuff (eg field work)
          TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
            If you know how to use and like cool edit pro, then definitely check out Pro Tools.. it's a big improvement...

Also, if you wanna do some actual mixing as in turntable stuff, there are some pretty basic programs that will do that kind of thing. But they really aren't much good for anything else.

Soundsfonts do take a bit of getting used to. I don't fully understand them myself yet..
            Yeah that program rocks!

Comment

That would be something interesting to say. Around about 6 years ago I knew someone who programmed music into their electric organ thing through their PC, and that was 6 years ago.

Comment

wow

6 years ago

i prefer my method better though
                TT Original

Comment

Working...
                X