Agp 8x ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agp 8x ?

How much longer? The newest GF4 is capable of 10.4 GB/sec bandwidth, what can AGP 4X slots handle?

i just found that an AGP 4X slot can handle 1.07 GBps... as I smack myself for not figuring that out.

Ok, so the 10.4 GB/sec value is just an internal value which the GPU has at its disposal?

So I guess, AGP 8 X is a little further off than I thought? What is the determining factor? Chipset capability?

Comment

yes, 10.4gb/sec is the internal bandwidth between the chipset and ram..the bandwidth needed to output/input raw and processed data is much lower...in fact agp 2x is almost adequate for gf3's...so i'd say 8x won't have any real usefor another generation or 2 of video cards:afro:

:cheers:

Comment

It seems like the SiS Xabre will be the 1st 8x card to market but then a chipset to support it will be needed. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

hmm interesting....although i think SiS is pushing it as marketing gimick as there is no practicle way of using 8x yet:cheers:

Comment

From the previews (which a lot have disappeared) they're got a lot of work to do yet though in most of the benches that were shown it was giving the GF4 MX (which it's targeted at) a good run for its money. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yea although by the time they get it rite it mite have to compete with ti 200 or ti4200 instead:afro:

Comment

Working...
              X