Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats faster or better? This AMD CPU VS. this Intel CPU.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats faster or better? This AMD CPU VS. this Intel CPU.

Keep Video gaming in mind and the system will be running Vista, probably the 64 bit version unless I decide not to later because of software compatibility.......

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103773

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115003
    Last edited by Spongebob; 04-05-2007, 10:53 AM.

Re: Whats faster or better? This AMD CPU VS. this Intel CPU.

I'm pretty sure that all the intel chips, especially core 2 duo's are just smacking down the AMD chips right now. Maximum PC did a comparison in their mag this month showing the Core Duo 2 6700 just annihilate the X2 6000+. Although there is a free mobo with the AMD it seems... but i'd say the Intel, especially what i read about their overclock ability.

Comment

Originally posted by just1tree View Post
      I'm pretty sure that all the intel chips, especially core 2 duo's are just smacking down the AMD chips right now. Maximum PC did a comparison in their mag this month showing the Core Duo 2 6700 just annihilate the X2 6000+. Although there is a free mobo with the AMD it seems... but i'd say the Intel, especially what i read about their overclock ability.
      I'm sure that the 6700 could beat it, no que$tion about it, but the 6600 has got to be pretty close to the 6000+. I'm guessing one might be a little better for game applications and Vista versus the other other.

Comment

Stock speed VS stock speed is almost a dead heat. ONLY when you overclock does the Core 2 Duo outdo the AMD CPU. If you are not overclocking, then the choice is best left to lowest price if that is the main concern. If you plan on overclocking then the C2D is clearly the winner.
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

At stock speed, AMD takes the lead at pretty much every price point below this one. With overclocking, however, Intel wins at any price point above $200 for CPU/motherboard.

In this specific case, they're around the same overall speed, but the X2 is considerably more expensive.

Comment

if you want to run 64 bit - go AMD
            http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
            X