Diablo 3 rumored to be in development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo 3 rumored to be in development

Its been rumored that Diablo 3 is now in development, Frank Pearce from Blizzard said that they are working on something big in Blizzard Entertainment and it is thought to be the next installment in the Diablo series. I really hope it is, because I have been looking forward to this for a very long time.

Gamasutra reports that Frank Pearce of Blizzard Entertainment has just confirmed that the company is working hard on another new title... and it's not World of Warcraft or Starcraft II. 40 people are working on Starcraft II and 40 people are working on this secret Team 3 project, so it's definitely another big one. According to Pearce, ""

Diablo III is a genre-defining action-RPG set in Sanctuary, a world ravaged by the eternal conflict between angels and demons.

Re: Diablo 3 rumored to be in development

Nice find - what else can it really be? Unless they're making a sequel to Rock N' Roll Racing :)

If it definitely isn't a WoW or Warcraft title, then the only original IP left is Diablo. There is a Warcraft movie for 2008 I believe, so it could be Warcraft: The Movie: The game :P Or maybe a new IP. Both seem very doubtful though, when it is clear a new Diablo would have a far better chance succeeding than a new franchise entirely.

Comment

Re: Diablo 3 rumored to be in development

It has been rumoured for a long while now that they will be if not are working on a sequel for the Diablo series, as there is a great deal of interest from the gaming community. From the bits and pieces that I have heard floating around the internet, it is supposed to be a heaven vs hell type story line. I have no idea how they are going to work that but it sounds very interesting and gives the impression that at some point during the game you will be able to choose which side you will be fighting for. So that could be interesting. Anyway none of this is confirmed and I doubt it will be as they have not even said for sure that they are developing a new Diablo game. So I guess we'll just have to wait until its official

Comment

Working...
      X