ASUS and SLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS and SLI

With the new slew of ASUS extreme gaming boards (Maximus and Blitz Extreme) going the way of the Radeon Crossfire support, is it just me, or is the ASUS support of Nvidia's SLI looking a little behind in the extreme gaming stakes?

I, mean the Striker Extreme is still a good bundle for Nvidia Gaming Enthusiasts, but as it is still being the most expensive motherboard, the gloss on it is starting to fall away in my opinion. After all, when these new motherboard have a the lastest audio daughterboard, inbuilt setup for watercooling, and a slew of new killer features, how is this going to compare for the consumer, when he is still paying out more for what is effectively now an outdated motherboard.

However, I doubt ASUS would be sitting on it's laurels, so is there a possible revamped version of the Striker Extreme in the offering? Any news would be appreciated!

Re: ASUS and SLI

ASUS is hardly the best source for motherboards since all the boards you list are very overpriced.

As for Crossfire/SLI support, you can blame Nvidia/AMD/Intel for this nonsense since it is already be proven that they can all run on the same chipset, the manufacturers of said chipsets just do not allow it. I would be very surprised to ever see a platform that will do both.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Re: ASUS and SLI

There are much cheaper versions of those ASUS mainboards with the same main features as those premium ones (most people just don't need all those extra frills).

Comment

Working...
      X