caught in a loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caught in a loop

New machine, my first build. Worked great until today, it’s roughly one month old.
    Gigabyte P35 DQ6, 6850, 4gig Tracers, Raptor 150 with Vista 64, WD 750, Antec 850, 8800GTX and of course the blue lights. My mistake was adding a printer. The Epson CX 4200. Vista had a compatibility problem and sent me to the Epson driver support center. I downloaded the driver, unzipped it and installed it. Up pops this box that said we have an error. It would not close. CTL, ALT, DELETE, would not give me the manager. Went to the bottom of the screen didn’t have a "close" option. Went to "restart" and believe it or not, it would not let me restart my machine. Now when I turn on my dream monster, it’s caught in a loop. You get the Gigabyte screen followed by black and white "windows error recovery" screen, and the count down begins, choose open normally or open in safe mode. Both will send you back into the loop. This screen will also inform you that the problem is new hardware or software. You are instructed to insert the Windows installation disk and choose repair computer. That doesn’t work. I can go into BIOS, load fail safe or optimized defaults is tempting. Should I change it to boot not from a HD, but boot from CD? I certainly thank you in advance.

Re: caught in a loop

Ouch! I assume that you also tried to boot from "last known good configuration" (or is that not an option with Vista)? If you are worried about keeping your information intact then it may well be worth trying a repair install. You may have to set your boot order so that "boot from cd" is first. See this page for helpfull information: http://vistasupport.mvps.org/windows...ir_options.htm
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Re: caught in a loop

This would be a Windows problem, not a Gigabyte one.

Comment

Working...
      X