Ga-p35-ds3- Sigh Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-p35-ds3- Sigh Again

i know this have been posted numerous times.. but im just hoping for a miracle that i get some help that can save my mobo. i just bought this mobo 3 days ago and it just starts rebooting all of a sudden. i searched all over the internet just nothing helpful except RMA RMA RMA. i really wanna avoid this rma solution. i need help, i have did every suggestions i cld find on the net. using just 1 single ram, disconnecting all device except mobo cpu and ram. nothing works.

this is puzzling me as i have managed to narrow down the problem to the cpu 4pin atx 12v connector. mobo will run fine if i did not connect that 4pin wire.. tested CPU is not dead, i tried it on the other com and it works, so is the psu(Works fine). so mobo is the problem. but why that 4pin ? i didnt even open it up, it cant just blow on me like that ? i know there is a gigabyte technician or sort here. can u please help ?

i think the bios is f4. quite sure but i cant double check because its not even going into post screen. please help, this is my first time with gigabyte and its throwing me off my feet indeed.

Re: Ga-p35-ds3- Sigh Again

Dear mistkron

What is your system include?

Comment

sorry i was too messed up to list that.

INTEL E6750 ( not overclocked )
      GA-P35-DS3 v1.1 ( bios f4 )
      Asus 8800GTS 320mb
      2 x 1gb DDR2 667MHZ ( Elpida Chips )
      WD 320GB
      SEAGATE 320GB
      Coolermaster 650watts that came with my CM5..

please try to help, i have managed to narrow down the problem to the 4pin atx 12v like i've said but just don't see/know how i could solve something like that.

** and again CPU is fine on another system of mine.
      ** so is the rams ;/ i tried 8 sticks of ram, all individually, and in different slots. all kingston, just 4 hynix 4 elpida.
      ** psu is tested and it is fine too.

i really do hope you can help, this place is the last resort. you as staff of gigabyte, pls help. I'm sure gigabyte are aware of the continuous rebooting issue, is there any official solution from gigabyte instead of just RMA. thats not solving, I almost feel that getting rma-ing the mobo will still get me another same mobo that will one day pull this trick on me.

Comment

ram is kingston btw.

Comment

Dear mistkron

your system can not roots now, right?

If you have debug card can you let me know what its shown?

If you have no debug card, what is your pc speaker sounds? long bee or short bee?

Comment

I am currently experiencing almost the exact same problem with my GA-p35-ds3r. Symptoms started out of the blue after about a month or so of stability. PC won't boot, it just starts to post, the fans come up and bam it reboots. I just tore the whole thing apart looking for something that could be shorting it out but after the rebuild it's still doing the same thing.

If I figure it out I'll let you know. Maybe somebody else will have some advice.

Comment

Originally posted by pootiel0ver View Post
              I am currently experiencing almost the exact same problem with my GA-p35-ds3r. Symptoms started out of the blue after about a month or so of stability. PC won't boot, it just starts to post, the fans come up and bam it reboots. I just tore the whole thing apart looking for something that could be shorting it out but after the rebuild it's still doing the same thing.

If I figure it out I'll let you know. Maybe somebody else will have some advice.
              That looks like a textbook case of PSU failure or PSU wearing out. Just informed speculation, but those symptoms are pretty consistent with PSU problems.

Comment

Thanks for the info Bugoff. I'll look into verifying my PSU now as well.

Comment

I had a similar problem worked fine for 4 - 5 weeks then system would reboot and then just site there with the power flashing on and off in some sort of boot cycle.... in one of those not going to boot so I changed my power supply had a spare lying about.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                  <o:p></o:p>
                  and then the system was working fine for a few days then the same thing.... <o:p></o:p>
                  So got a 700watt power supply and installed and was still getting the same thing. No boot so I removed the ram (1066 * 2 1gb sticks) put in the first one and the system booted fine put in the next one and nothing same problem system in power boot cycle.<o:p></o:p>
                  Removed the ram and left in the first stick and the system booted. Have just replace the ram with some new match pair 2 * 1gb stick and the system is running fine @ the mo.<o:p></o:p>
                  but its only been on for 9 hours

So @ the moment mine looks like a faulty stick of ram

Comment

test
                    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Dear drbig

What in your system?
                      and the BIOS?

Comment

INTEL E6850
                        GA-P35-DS3 (bios f6)
                        Asus 6600GT
                        ADATA Vitesta 2*1Gb DDR2-1066 PC2-8500 5-5-5-15 (One Failed)
                        Now
                        GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2
                        700W X-Power Power Supply

Comment

Quick update on my problem.

It was the motherboard (GA-P35-DS3). I swapped it with a brand new one and aside from some seating issues with the stock intel heat sink the computer booted right up.

So long story short if you end up in one of those endless non-posting reboot loops looks like an RMA is the best way to go. Too bad I can't bill gigabyte for all the time I spent troubleshooting this thing.

Comment

Dear drbig

So you use 4GB Memory...

Can you try use only 2 ram?and try if the system can root?

Comment

System is running fine it was a ram failure on mine as I have tested the stick of ram on its own on another machine and it would not boot.

My system have been running for 5 days now 24/7 with no problems

Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X