No announcement yet.

Font changes size on desktop and internet pages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font changes size on desktop and internet pages.

Answer this if you can. I got a call from a lady that I built this computer for. I has vista premium. The first time I went over, her screen font was huge. The internet could not be displayed properly. Also any icons on the screen were massive too. The side bar was fine. The icons in the tray were also ok. If I would open a page in the control panel or whatever it was also ok. I checked resolution settings and they were set right. I did a system restore and looked only to find an update that had been installed. I did the system restore and it now worked.

I got another call tonight and the same thing happened only this time the font on the internet pages was minute and too small to see. The icons were also that way. As before the sidebar was fine and so was the tray icons. I looked and there had been another update. I did another system restore and it fixed the problem. Has anyone seen anything like this before????
    Windows 7 Professional
    (2)-ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" Monitor
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60) Liquid CPU Cooler
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Kingston Hyper X Blu 16GB
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Server Processor
    High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD
    SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
    3 -2TB Western Digital Black HDD
    Rosewill RDCR-11003 74-in-1 USB3.0 3.5 Internal Card Reader
    1 Asus Blu Ray Burner
    1 Plextor DVD Burner

Re: Font changes size on desktop and internet pages.

I haven't been playing with Vista much, but if an update is causing the issue, you should be able to disable that update from ever initiating again.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Font changes size on desktop and internet pages.

ok what vista is doing is installing updated video drivers - it does this and its probably a good idea but not well implemented

when the drivers are installed it resets the desktop

the system restore won't help since it'll just reinstall the update again and you'll get another phone call.

let it install the update, then install the latest video card driver
      http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
      X