SD30G2B and ASUS EN8600GTS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD30G2B and ASUS EN8600GTS??

In the support list it states that this card is supported. It looks to me though that the fan on this card would extend beyond the edges of the case. Can anyone verify if this card does work with this model? And if not, does anyone know of a 8600GTS that does fit?Also on the support list there are several PC6400 memory models listed, from everything I see the SD30G2B only supports up to PC5400. Is this correct?

Re: SD30G2B and ASUS EN8600GTS??

i think the confusion here is that the card we tested here
    had a different fan, if this is the card your after maybe try
    find someone that has this as it will fit in the SD30G2B

As with memory where did you see that they only support up to PC5400?
    If its on the support list you can be sure they have been thoroughly tested.

Comment

2 x 240 pin DDR2 DIMM Slots, 1GB per DIMM (Max 2GB)
      Dual Channel DDR2 533/667MHz supported

Got that from your site. Dont see 800mhz on there. But you say it works?

Comment

So long as the PC6400 (800MHz) is rated to run at 1.8v (some overclockers/low latency memory may not work as they may require higher voltages) then you should be fine.

Realistically your CPU would not be bottle-necked by PC4200 (200MHz) memory in dual channel mode as CPU support is only for 200MHz (800MHz QDR) CPU's and PC5400 (667MHz) will give you more bandwidth than your CPU can use (though theorectically is does provide extra bandwidth for other hardware DMA access).

PC6400 (800MHz) is really overkill (though can cost less than slower versions) but if you stick with the spec's in the first part of this post you will have no problems.

Comment

Ok thanks. I see exactly what you're talking about with the graphics cards fans now.

Comment

Working...
          X