Overclocking GA-N680SLI-DQ6 ver 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking GA-N680SLI-DQ6 ver 2.0

Hopefully I am in the right forum for placing my questions related to overclocking this board from gigabyte. If not, then I appreciate if you could provide to me the correct forum or relevant site in the web.

My system is:
    MB: GA-N680SLI-DQ6 ver 2.0, BIOS: n680sdq6.fa
    CPU: INTEL E6750 2.66 GHz, FSB: 1333MHz
    RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR2 2GB (2X1GB) PC-9136 (1142MHZ)
    VGA: ASUS 7900GTX
    HDD: 2 WD160AAJS in RAID 0
    PSU: 1100W TAGAN
    Watercooling and ventilators (custom solution from thermaltake, eheim, alphacool), achieving:
    start temperatures for overclocked CPU in Windows: 11-20 C (everest)
    orthos temperatures for overclocked CPU: 40-50 C (everest)

The last months by reading severals sites and searching the web, I have found overclocking settings (voltages and speeds) only for the GA-N680SLI-DQ6 ver 1.0, but never for ver 2.0. Is this because of FA BIOS?

My main goal is to achieve a stable system with the following charecteristics:

FSB: 450 MHz
    multiplier: 8
    RAM: 1200MHz, CL5 (with linked divider 5:4)

I have already managed it by using the following voltage settings:

440MHz - Vcore: 1.5V in BIOS (1.42V - 1.44V in everest)
    or
    450MHz - Vcore: 1.575V in BIOS (1.52V - 1.54V in everest)
    and
    Vdimm: +0.475V or 2.275V in BIOS (2.26V in everest)

however the system could be unstable, when I am running online with heavy 3D games and the game fails (more often in 450MHz). The system has already passed ORTHOS for 30 min - 60 min in both speeds.

Now I am running the system at AUTO voltages with:
    428MHz, x8, RAM: 1141MHz
    and seems to be in a stable situation.

Is there any advise, what should be the best voltage settings (CPU, RAM, chipset) for a FSB:450MHz? It is safe to overvoltage a CoreDuo to 1.575 V or higher, when temperatures are still low? It is preferable to overvoltage chipset (here temperatures are higher)?

Thanks in advance for your tips.

Re: Overclocking GA-N680SLI-DQ6 ver 2.0

Dear pkour

I am not sure it will have answer, because everyone get different platform.you have to try every different setup in your BIOS.

By the way, If you need FB BIOS to try, please let me know.

[email protected]

Comment

I also have the similar problem.. I can not set any manual v core voltage on bios.. after I change it manually my computer locks itself...
      and ı can not see the default voltage on PC Healt Status screen in Bios...

I have the same mainboard and the same cpu...

I can overclock it to 3.24 Ghz only by NOT changing the default given cpu voltage... with these setting I have %100 stable system (according to prime 95 and othos tests) but when I try to give 1.4 or 1.45 or any manually selected cpu voltage my computer shuts itself just after I see the mainboard logo while restarting... some one please help... How can I set a spu core voltage manually??

Comment

will you try newer bios?

[email protected]

Comment

Yes,I have installed the new BIOS but i did not notice any difference.
          Regarding CPU voltage, the max. allowed is 1.5 V (intel specs.) for
          the E6750. Even if I exceed this voltage the system fails at 450 MHz FSB.

I am still trying to find i stable procedure for GA-N680SLI-DQ6 ver 2.0 running at 450 MHz. But nothing....

Comment

Good luck gigabyte abandoned this POS, and stuck it to everyone trying to run a quad. Next purchase won't be from giga -DQ6 junk thats for sure!
            MSI X-99SLI
            Intel 5930K WATER
            EVGA Nilla 1080
            POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Working...
            X