X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston’s Totally Awesome 20th Anniversary

Kingston’s Totally Awesome 20<SUP>th</SUP> Anniversary Contest Rules:
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    We’ve come a long way, baby! <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kingston</st1:place></st1:City> has turned 20 this year and we’re ready to celebrate and we want you to join in the festivities. While we’re having fun strolling down memory lane, nothing brings us more joy than seeing you use our memory!
    <o:p></o:p>
    So here’s the deal: post a photo of your Kingston ValueRam/HyperX memory in your tower with the Kingston module(s) is visible, and then write a comment (25 words minimum) how Kingston memory has changed your gaming life. That’s it!
    We’re giving away fabulous prizes such as an Apple iPod™ Classic , an iPod Touch, a Kingston HyperX™ DDR3 Low Latency 2GB Module Kit, 20 DataTraverler© and more! Contestants will be judged by photo(is <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kingston</st1:place></st1:City> visible? Have you really installed it in your tower?), and how articulately the short answer question is answered. Winners will be announced on TweakTown and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kingston</st1:place></st1:City>’s website on 20 December 2007 by 1700 hours. <o:p></o:p>
    Contest starts on 12 November 2007 and will end at 23:59 (Sydney Time) on 16 December 2007. All photos must be posted on your own web space and the photo size must be between 400-600 pixels in height and width. Entries will be judged based on the originality of the comment and the photo. Winner must provide contact information such as: a mailing address, phone number for contact (in case of emergencies) and a working email address. Your information will be kept confidential and only used for this contest only. And most importantly, please don’t forget to read the Terms and Conditions.

Kingston’s Totally Awesome 20th Anniversary Contest - Terms and Conditions

• Information on how to participate and prize details form part of these terms and conditions
    • Entry implies acceptance of all the terms and conditions.
    • The promotion commences 12 November 2007 and ends on 16 December 2007.
    • Winners will be announced on 20th December by 1700 hours, Sydney Time on TweakTown forum board and Kingston’s ANZ microsite.
    • Entry is only available to residents of Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific Islands.
    • Participants must post at least one photo with a Kingston product, clearly visible. Photos must show product “in use.”.
    • Kingston Technology reserves the right to reject any photo if it is deemed to be of an offensive nature.
    • Copyright for all photos is retained by the submitter. However, all submitters agree to grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to Kingston Technology.
    • Kingston Technology reserves the right to use submitted photos now or at anytime in the future, throughout the world in any manner it so chooses and in any medium. This includes the right to modify the picture as necessary. Any use or modification of the image submitted is at the sole discretion of Kingston Technology. This also includes, without limitation, use in corporate brochures, web sites, and in any other Kingston Technology promotional material.
    • Kingston employees are not allowed to participate.
    • Prize winners will be notified by email once judging is complete. Judging will begin when the competition closes and may last several months. The list of prizes and winners will be displayed on the website.
    • All posts must be made by 23:59 (Sydney time) 16 December 2007. No submissions made after 16 December will be considered.
    • Entries will be deemed invalid if the same posts more than one entry.
    • Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or no-transferable
    • Kingston reserves the right to substitute a reward of equal function or value.
    • Kingston reserves the right to interpret the terms and conditions of the promotion and will be the sole judge in any dispute. Promotion terms and conditions may be changed or varied at any time without notice.
    • Any Fringe Benefits Tax implications are the responsibility of the reward recipients.
    • Kingston makes no responsibility to any prizes, and shall not be liable or assume any
    responsibility to any person for any loss, dissatisfaction or damage arising from his/her use of the prize. The winner of the prize may not make any claim against Kingston.
    • All deadlines, including the closing date, date of announcement, etc. may be postponed by Kingston without notice or consultation.
    Last edited by Kingston; 12-16-2007, 09:35 PM. Reason: fixed font size

Re: Kingston’s Totally Awesome 20th Anniversary

Good luck everyone!
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

this is an image of one of my 2 gb modules of Kingston Hyper x 8500. The second image is of one module layed down close up showing the sticker but the Image shack server kept failing.
      Before i owned PC-6400 OCZ Platinum rev2 and i couldent oc past 960mhz + i was getting ram and cpu Ortho's errors.
      I couldnt also oc pAST 3.4GHZ STABLE NO MATTER WHAT VOLTS USED.
      sINCE BUYING THESE kINGSTON MODULES, i can now get to 3.6ghz error free both ram and cpu.
      It i think is because iam now using higher spec ram. Iam happy with Kingston and skootyloops from ocau said that even thoe he hasnt heard of much people using this high end ram that i might be able t go above 1200mhz but its now stable at 900mhz error free.
      Kingston has made my computer oc high and stable and iam happy with buying these Kingston modules. Very recomended.']
      Last edited by Paulsoane; 11-15-2007, 02:58 AM.

Comment

I lifted my game with

There is no substitue for quality!

TOTALLY FRAGGING AWESOME

E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Show us your RAM people! :)
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Yeah seriously, we're giving away really awesome prizes! XD

Comment

I wish i could, but ....

1. I dont own any Kingston
              2. I dont live in any of the eligible zones
              3. Im not awesome enough

Comment

Sorry man. Let me guess, you're from Russia? ;)

I'll pass your wishlist to the Kingston Eastern European marketing guy, but you might wanna fix that "I don't own any Kingston" bit. :)

Comment

I Don't know If I can enter (I'm in Ontario, Canada), but here's my entry nonetheless...

Without this piece of RAM, I would have never posted in this forum... Ever.

Note: Sorry if its a little pixelated, but I have to keep it below 150 Kb.

EDIT: For some people out of the loop, Stronghold is a game by Firefly Studios, NFS means Need for Speed, and that Blaster Worm was that outbreak of virus that caused the "60 Second Shutdown." I have downloaded freeware games via acid-play.com

EDIT 2: If you want to see one more "ingenious" solution of mine, check out the "Infamous RecyklaCooler" in my sig.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Aguiluz; 11-24-2007, 12:10 AM. Reason: Added pixelation note

Comment

Originally posted by russianhaxor View Post
                    I wish i could, but ....

1. I dont own any Kingston
                    2. I dont live in any of the eligible zones
                    Ditto.Same for me as well.Best of luck to all who are participating & Merry Christmas to all. :)

Comment

Kingston Memory has had the impact of a lifetime (including the warranty!) on all there products I have purchased. Recently purchased and running the KHX8500D2K2/2G set, life has never been simpler to run great speeds at great timings, at the right price with a proven reliability record. Kingston, your my hero.

Here they are fresh from the pack and in the tower:

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I am ineligible to win anything, but I did upgrade my college notebook with a gig of Kingston during freshman year.

The Dell Inspiron notebook I had was by no means good for gaming, but that didn't stop me from trying.. I tried to play games like Dawn of War and CS competitively against people from our dorm building, but of course my system always let me down at the most crucial moments - whenever more than a few units popped onto the screen (i.e. during an enemy rush), or whenever I fired several shots in succession. At these most critical points, the frame rate would drop to that of a slide show, and the game would usually be over for me. Needless to say, my game was useless because I couldn't even see what I was doing.

With the extra gig of Kingston, my game improved drastically. Now I could actually see and react to enemy rushes in rts games or aim and fire a few extra shots to finish off opponents in fps.

It even helped with dating, since I practically met and got to know my girlfriend playing another online game called Gunbound, and we were able to play Sims 2 together as well.

And of course the extra gig sped up my whole system for non-gaming apps as well.. it was my college laptop, afterall.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Kingston made my college life better by giving me friends and a girlfriend, but it sure made it easier and a lot more fun!

Thanks for the memories (har har), Kingston, and Happy 20th Anniversary! :)
                        Case: Antec P180 ** PSU: Ultra-V 600W
                        Main: EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68**
                        CPU: E6700 2.66GHz
                        CPU cooling: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro ** RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2
                        GPU: BFG GTX 295..** Samsung 206bw LCD

Comment

GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE! I know all 5 of you guys are super excited to hear the contest winners. :) So without further ado, here are the winners of the Kingston's Totally Awesome 20th Anniversary contest!

iPod Touch - yorky
                          HyperX Modules Kit - ANZAC_ELITE
                          DT100/2GB - Paulsoane
                          HyperX T-Shirt - Aguiluz & xaglx (Although you aren't from ANZ region, we will award you with a t-shirt.)

So congrats all winners! And Happy Holidays everyone!

Jody (Kingston)

PS - Winners, please PM me with your mailing address or t-shirt size. :)

Comment

Oh Kingston how I love you :)

PM on the way :D

Comment

Kingston you are totally awesome, thank you so very much, now I have to find a good DDR3 m/board, looks like it is upgrade time again

Absolutely great news, I'm over the moon.

Congrats to my fellow entrants, well done guys.

Kingston and TweakTown make a great team, a top product and a top forum. Thanks for making this possible.

It's Christmas come early (again) and Santa is wearing a Kingston HyperX suit.

Beers all around to celebrate

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE & ALL

FTW

Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 12-20-2007, 12:51 AM. Reason: pm sent
                              E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Working...
                              X