Next Gen Cards for 2008?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Gen Cards for 2008?

So I haven't had much time to play games for a while, but this past weekend I decided to try out Crysis before I started studying for finals and give my $1000 computer a run for its money. Needless to say, it was very painful seeing my machine struggle through much of the game, even when put on medium settings using mid-ranged resolutions. I was getting about 15fps most of the time with dips down to only a few frames per second.

I haven't seen the game run on an 8800gtx or Ultra, but I hear that the average fraps run in the 30-40 range with settings maxed out.
    This is decent enough, but I've also read that during certain scenes the game still manages to slow down the highest end systems to about 5-10fps.

I know the 8800gt and upcoming 8800gts are at about the same level as the gtx, but when will there be cards good enough to easily run Crysis on highest settings and res easily? Any ideas on when the replacement for the gtx will show up?

BTW: Did anyone else besides me find Crysis kinda boring??
    Last edited by xaglx; 12-07-2007, 02:54 AM.
    Case: Antec P180 ** PSU: Ultra-V 600W
    Main: EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68**
    CPU: E6700 2.66GHz
    CPU cooling: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro ** RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: BFG GTX 295..** Samsung 206bw LCD

Re: Next Gen Cards for 2008?

So basically what I wanted to see in writing this topic is a rundown of any plausible rumors concerning when the next graphics cards will be out (i.e. a g92 8900gtx) and how much better they might be compared to current top-end cards like the gtx and ultra.

Although unlikely, it would be awesome to see a new card that is capable of double the performance of say the 8800gtx.. a la the jump from the 7900gtx to the 8800gtx.
    Case: Antec P180 ** PSU: Ultra-V 600W
    Main: EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68**
    CPU: E6700 2.66GHz
    CPU cooling: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro ** RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: BFG GTX 295..** Samsung 206bw LCD

Comment

Re: Next Gen Cards for 2008?

My HD 3850 maxes crysis with 2x AA (im talking high not very high, I have XP) its the HIS IceQ3 edition and it kicks ass!!

Comment

Working...
      X