Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QX6700 temps...

An overclocking temp question-
    When oc'ing my cpu to 3200 with a mulitiplier of 12 and fsb 1066 I get a much lower core temp @ idle (34c) than I do when I oc'd it to 3000 with a multi of 9 and fsb of 1333 (51c)...why would this be?
    I'm sure that I'm better off, system performance-wise, running a faster fsb if it gives me about the same cpu speed, but could my quad be running this much hotter just from having the interconnect for the 2 core2 chips running @ 1333? I know the QX6700 is designed for 1066 fsb...

Re: QX6700 temps...

High temp is always not good for your cpu, if you can oc to 3.2GHz with low temp,why not?

Comment

Janus- I wouldn't run my pc with the higher temps, I'm keeping it at the 3.2ghz on the 1066 fsb...but my question was a techinical one, having to do with the QX6700 cpu and not so much my motherboard. Is it typical for a core2 quad processor to run so much hotter by having it on a 1333 fsb as opposed to the default 1066 fsb? Just curious, that's all. I know this is a moboard forum, but I figured I'd tap your brain anyway...thanks.

Comment

I Think high temp is because high fsb.

Comment

That's what I figured--thanks, Janus. I also just switched my case from an older model Lian Li PC60 to an Antec 900 and I've been able to lower my core temps about 8c under load. Seems my older case wasn't able to get rid of the really hot exhaust from the MonsoonTec nearly as quickly as this Antec...always glad to be running my gear cooler. Still going to keep the C2Q at only 3.2ghz--plenty of power for me, plus stability. Have a great New Year!
          Last edited by Rayvin52; 12-26-2007, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X