Athlon Black CPU's and Intel pricing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon Black CPU's and Intel pricing.

Whats the difference between an AMD black processors and the regular X2 CPU's? Why does a an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 CPU cost more than an Intel Core 2 Dou E6750?

Also If I'm building a midline gaming rig which CPU should I use if I want the best bang for ze buck?

Re: Athlon Black CPU's and Intel pricing.

The black editions are exactly the same as the regular X2 cpus, BUT the black edition has an UNLOCKED multiplier so overclocking does not have to be done via the hypertransport bus, multipliers can simply be increased or decreased, wether the CPU will like the change depends on your cooling gear.

I think the Core 2 duo E6750 is more in demand than the E6600 because of the upped 1333 FSB so it is produced in more quantities and retailers have more stock than the E6600.

Intel all the way, Intel currently holds 3 crowns ---1) Highest performing processor [regardless of price] 2) Price VS Performance Ratio 3) Most frugal power users /w speedstep and 45/65NM fabrication processes.

IT really depends on ur budget, an E6750, since its pretty cheap should get you along fine
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

Re: Athlon Black CPU's and Intel pricing.

Thanx for the quick response.
      As long as the E6600 has been around, you'd think they want it cleared from the shelves if something faster, better, and cheaper came along that uses the same mainboard socket.

Comment

Working...
      X