No announcement yet.

Humming noise coming from audio cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humming noise coming from audio cable?

This is my system: Gigabyte P35-DS4 Rev2.1, Quad Q6600 SLACR, PCP&C Silencer 610, 2 x 1GB G.SKILL PC6400, Thermalright Ultra120E, running Windows XP Home (SP2).

I have updated the Realtek audio driver (5.10.0.5497) and have the Realtek HD Audio Manager set up for my Logitech X-530 5.1 surround speakers. I bought a Belkin Y Audio Cable to hook up to my TV (Hitachi 57" projection screen) because someone had suggested that I could just plug the 3.5mm connector into the Line-In jack on the I/O panel of my MB to get sound from the TV.

I made sure to enable the extra options in volume control first, including "Rear Blue In" which is for the Line-In jack. I made sure that nothing is muted. I am able to get sound through all the speakers from my TV, but there is a low humming noise that will only go away if I remove the RCA plugs from the back of the TV.

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and could offer some suggestions. If anyone needs to see pictures of this set up just let me know.

Thanks.

Re: Humming noise coming from audio cable?

No one??

Today I fooled around with it some more and I've narrowed it down to just the Y-cable. I get good sound through the PC speakers from the TV when I plug the Y-cable into the Line-In jack on the back of the PC, but then I can hear that low, steady hum in the background. This hum will stop if I unplug the two red/white RCA jacks (on the Y-cable) from the back of the TV.

So all I need to do is figure out why I'm getting that hum when the Y-cable is plugged in. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks.

Comment

it should work provided its a proper line out from the TV, not an amplified signal.

not sure where your interference is coming from
      http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

"I bought a Belkin Y Audio Cable"

Noise is coming from there mate, either remove or upgrade with shielded version of same thing.
        cheers

James Vozar
        Tweaktown.com

Comment

Working...
        X