Razer Barracuda echoey sound in XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razer Barracuda echoey sound in XP

Razer Barracuda echoey sound in XP I just moved back to XP from Vista. In Vista my my sound was good all round with my Razer Barracuda Sound card but in XP my sound is good in movies but real echoey in games. I have tried playing around with the settings, switching Dolby, Neo and all that stuff of but nothing makes a difference. Could someone please help out with this one
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2 x Kingston Hyper 2 GB Kit memory 1066MHz MSI P35 Platinum Combo Mobo Razer Barracuda AC-1 Digital Audio Card XFX PCIe 8800GTX xXx Video card Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU Samsung 320GB IDE HD for OS WD 250GB SataII HD 2 x WD 500GB SATAII HD Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling Samsung 226BW 22" monitor Samsung Syncmaster 913 19" monitor Silverstone , Thermaltake Armour+ Case

Re: Razer Barracuda echoey sound in XP

ey, i had nearly the exact same problem with the sound being differenet in movies and games after switching back to XP (as you probably found out, Vista sucks :P). Anyways I tried getting in toch with Razer but there was long response time, etc... so it's still in my closet and since I dont want to have Vista on my PC, I can't use it. :)

I won the SteelSeries 5Hv2 in an online competition and it's worked perfect for me untill now - they're cheap at Dell right now: http://www.dell.com/html/global/topi...cessories.html

Comment

It is not uncommon to have issues when you roll back operating systems. If it is a problem you can live with, then you may be better off doing that. Otherwise, you might try just reinstalling XP to fix the issue properly.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I have reinstalled XP a couple times but it's always the same, the choice is "putting the card in the cupboard" and using XP or using the card in Vista. I don't like onboard sound and the card wasn't cheap on my budget so Vista wins, unless I can get help, that's why I'm asking.

I've actually posted the same help on about 5 or 6 forums, around 150 views all told and this is the only place that has answered lol
        Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2 x Kingston Hyper 2 GB Kit memory 1066MHz MSI P35 Platinum Combo Mobo Razer Barracuda AC-1 Digital Audio Card XFX PCIe 8800GTX xXx Video card Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU Samsung 320GB IDE HD for OS WD 250GB SataII HD 2 x WD 500GB SATAII HD Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling Samsung 226BW 22" monitor Samsung Syncmaster 913 19" monitor Silverstone , Thermaltake Armour+ Case

Comment

Just out of curiosity, have you tried using default drivers under XP? I remember that Creative had terrible driver support and if you used theirs, you would basically break the sound card. Just a thought as it really sounds like dodgy driver support. Also, have you tried getting in touch with the Razer folks support and see if they have a solution?
          My Toys

Comment

Interesting, no I haven't tried the Windows default drivers, presumed I had to use the Razer drivers. Yes I have approached them and the just said the issues where known and would hopefully be resolved in a future driver

Comment

The default drivers installed by Windows will not allow you access to any advanced features of your sound card, but it may work like with the Creative situation.

And that answer has a certain "Creative" sound to it. Their drivers were crap for a couple of years if I recall.
              My Toys

Comment

Working...
              X