Error popup in Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error popup in Vista

All of a sudden I get this error popping up on my screen every time I start a program in Vista 64bit or one tries to start. Anyone know how to fix this this?

C:\Windows\system32\sensapi.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spongebob; 04-11-2008, 04:49 PM.

Re: Error popup in Vista

Googling this error returns a lot of repair solutions.

Comment

Either it is not a 64bit signed driver or you need to replace it with a good one. Get a good one here >>>
      DLL-files.com - sensapi.dll, free download

But first when booting try hitting F8 at boot time and choose disable driver signing and if you boot with no errors that is the issue, it is a NON 64 bit signed driver and you will need to uninstall whatever app you installed before this started happening

But it looks to be a windows file, so you could also run SFC

Here is the command to do that, have your install disk handy as it will ask for it (And you will have to reinstall updates most likely) Open a command window and type this. Yes the space must be there >>>

SFC/ Scannow

Comment

Strangely enough that ended up being a harddrive problem I figure. I had that particular harddrive in a raid 0 array and on boot the raid array showed an error almost from the start shortly after I built the system. The system seemed to work ok for awhile until I started getting that popup in windows, from there on things just got worse. I reformatted the system and used a different drive and now everything is fine. The problem harddrive is unusable now, can't even use it as extra storage, It just slowly died even though it was only a month old.

Comment

Ahhh well! What brand was it, and how old?

Comment

RMA time for it then.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              Ahhh well! What brand was it, and how old?
              500 GB WD and about a month old. No big deal since I had a spare to match up with the other one to raid them together again. The new Windows install and finding all the latest drivers all over again as well as installing all my other programs and calling Microsoft 3 or 4 time to get Windows, Office, Publisher, ect activated was the real pain to bring myself to do since the previous windows install was less that a month old:(. Too time consuming..... Damn harddrives!!!! Double damn Microsoft!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah hear that! I hate calling in, but often have to for customer PC's as well!

WD = No good in my book, for that exact reason! I have had 4 of my own die, and that is also at least 80% of my customers who bring in pc's with dead drives are WD.

Seagate has NEVER died on me!

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  WD = No good in my book, for that exact reason! I have had 4 of my own die, and that is also at least 80% of my customers who bring in pc's with dead drives are WD.

Seagate has NEVER died on me!
                  In the last 7yrs all of my builds have had WD's w/o a prob though I've had a few Seagates failures (these were used 4yrs prior) but nothing at the failure rate that drives like Fugitsu, IBM/Hitachi's or Maxtors have.

Would be interesting to know the setups of those failed WD's as usually you need very bad airflow in hot cases to kill them (or bad handling).

Comment

Well they were actually in OEM systems and you know how airflow is in those!!! Terrible if at all, so that is likely the culprit then. I have pulled one out of a HP system that looked as if it had been in a dust storm since the early 1900's! So you are likely correct with that.

I have never found a dead drive, by any manufacturer in a properly built or handled system you are right there!!!!

And yeap, I have gotten a few DOA's over the years, most by Fujitsu or Maxtor or Samsung.

I do have some Quantum Fireball 8Gb drives that have been on pretty much non stop since the early 90's and they are still running! I think Quantum Company was bought by Maxtor in the end. And now Seagate owns Maxtor. Makes it hard to know what is good often times when that type of thing happens!

Comment

Just point to stay updated in case I ever get this message when running Vista 64!
                      Been a member way to long lol ;)

Asus Laptop!!!!!!!:
                      Core 2 duo 2.5
                      Geforce 9500 512mb
                      250 gig hard drive
                      4 gigs DDR2 ram!
                      64 bit Vista Ultimate and loving it :)

Comment

Working...
                      X