850W Akasa AK-P085FG-BKUK PowerMax
    Akasa 850watt PSU
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
    2 X 320 GB Hitachi HD
    2 X 512MB HiS HD3870 Iceq3 Turbo FullHD
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
    4 x 2gb mushkin pc8000 ram

I have installed the latest windows updates. Have the latest bios version. Using catalyst 8.4.

Cannot get device manager to display 2 cards at present so I can enable crossfire.

I have tried each card singuarly in different PCIE_16 slots and the cards and slots work fine.

1. I then place a card in PCIE_16_1 and connect the monitor cable to his card, install drivers, reboot and that card is displayed within device manager.
    2. I shutdown and place a card in PCIE_16_2 boot and vista automatically installs the drivers for that card. But I have to change the monitor cable to the card in PCIE_16_2 to get a picture, and the card that is in PCIE_16_1 disappears from device manager.

I can not get 2 cards to display within device manager. I've tried many combinations but only the card in PCIE_16_2 appears in device manager when 2 cards are installed.

Ahh..... I've been at this for over a week visting many forums please help.

Re: GA-X48-DQ6 Crossfire Problem

Silly question, but are you using the "bridge" to connect the two cards at the top?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

looks like you want to run CROSSFIRE

DO YOU connect the two cards with bridge.

and install ATI Catalyst Control Center?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, first forum out of 5 to reply. (Nothing from the ATI guys/girls as yet).

Yep I've tried with the bridges in place. it just seems to loose the card placed in PCIE_16 slot 1. No matter how I install the cards, one by one, both together. But PCIE_16 slot 1 works fine if either card is installed there on its own. I've noticed something in System information within Vista 64 under IRQ's I have the following setting 'IRQ 4294967294 ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series OK' no other setting for a Radeon card, VGA card or Unknown device is present.

IRQ 4294967294 surely thats not right?

and the following PCIE_16 slots share resources as shown below could this cause a problem?

IRQ 17 High Definition Audio Controller OK
        IRQ 17 Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 6 - 294A OK
        IRQ 17 Realtek RTL8168C/8111C Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) OK
        IRQ 19 Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 4 - 2946 OK
        IRQ 19 Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller OK
        IRQ 19 Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID Controller OK

I know very little about IRQs so I could be talking a load of twaddle. But I don't find anyone else on forums having the same trouble as myself.

Please help as I like the board and the rest of my kit seems great.

Comment

Sorry GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh yes I have installed the bridges (check last post) and CCC. Crossfire option does not appear within CCC and only one card is shown within the ATI Overdrive option.

Comment

Hi,

Please can I have some help from gigabyte tech support on this, else I'll have to RMA the motherboard (I don't really won't to as I like the board).

Cheers,

Comment

I have two 3870 cards that won't connect with crossfire. They can both bee seen in controll panel, and I can Press the "Crossfire enabled" button but the crossfire teknology will not be turned on. So wierded out atm...

Jonny T.

Comment

Working...
              X