Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 965P-DQ6 Rev 1.0

Hi,

I am having a major problem with my PC. Up until now it has been great, and I have bought several of these systems for various people and have had no problems.

Yesterday morning I switched on my computer and it hung while loading Windows. I then rebooted and it went straight into the Q-Flash utility and started to update the BIOS. I then got the message "Copying BIOS failed!". After rebooting it is now caught in a reboot loop. I doesn't even get to the POST. Nothing shows up on the screen. What can I do?

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Liam

Re: 965P-DQ6 Rev 1.0

RMA is the only option there, Unless you can Flash it via USB device or floppy from qflash. But I dont think you will be able to

This happens from incorrect settings, or incorrect BIOS flash's. Did you update the BIOS the last time you were on the PC?

Try Booting and choose the END key to get to qflash, if you cannot your only option would be RMA

Comment

Thanks for your response. I'll try those two things this afternoon and let you know how I go.

That's the strangest thing. I didn't do anything with the BIOS last time I was on the computer (or for about 6 months before hand). It just hung and tryed to update the BIOS after rebooting for some reason. Could it be some sort of virus maybe?

Comment

Not likely. Issue with your ram or CPU settings or failing ram caused it to mess up, then the BIOS tried to recover and failed.. So much for Quad BIOS aint it!

Comment

Working...
        X