Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 - Budget Penryn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 - Budget Penryn

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 - Budget Penryn"

Re: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 - Budget Penryn

In the Premiere Elements 3.0 bench, you guys said:

"With Vista, we see that AMD loses out quite a bit to the Intel Processor in media encoding "

The results of 83 vs. 86 only looks like "quite a bit" when you start the bar graph at 80.

Then I noticed that any of the close benchmarks were zoomed in so the E7200 looks like it's winning by a landslide even if it's performing on par with the Phenom... PCMark, Sysmark, 3dMark. All zoomed in to the tip of the results, exaggerating the tiny performance differences.

The E7200 is a great processor, but why do you feel the need to pretend it's better than it is?

Poor form, fellas.

Comment

My favorite is this gem:

AMD x3 8750: 4152
      Intel E7200: 4287

"It managed to really give the AMD a pounding."

This is a 3% win. Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Comment

Another MASSIVE data manipulation by the sage wise people at Freaktown. Lies, lies and more lies. I guess someone there is a member of Intel's PR department, when not being part of Nvidia's PR department. Your usual use of manipulated graphs and charts is despicable and fraudulent

You guys obviously have a hard on for AMD for whatever reason.

BIASED garbage. Not to believed EVER

Comment

As the previous posters already have mentioned, biased review, misleading graphs, single threaded games .... (Farcry is released in 2004 btw). When will you guys learn that 3% is nothing. You are making it sound like 30%.

E7200 is a great cpu but this website has just gone to hell.
          You guys are pumping out reviews like there is no tomorrow but the quality of these reviews is just horrible. Quality is what counts, not quantity.

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys!

We dropped the ball on this review but I have since spoken to the writer and editor to keep a much closer eye on this type of thing from now on!
            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Can't you guys do a review between E7200 vs the new X2 5600 (2.9Ghz 65w). They're really close in price.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
                In the Premiere Elements 3.0 bench, you guys said:

"With Vista, we see that AMD loses out quite a bit to the Intel Processor in media encoding "

The results of 83 vs. 86 only looks like "quite a bit" when you start the bar graph at 80.

Then I noticed that any of the close benchmarks were zoomed in so the E7200 looks like it's winning by a landslide even if it's performing on par with the Phenom... PCMark, Sysmark, 3dMark. All zoomed in to the tip of the results, exaggerating the tiny performance differences.

The E7200 is a great processor, but why do you feel the need to pretend it's better than it is?

Poor form, fellas.

Well that's how are things done when sponsor prepaid articles

Anyway m8 you didn't applied x3 patch for vista and later should be there for xp (maybe is here cause that's an old new) which is necessary to adequately compare these budget Penryns with the x3 power.

Second question why didn't you compare it more seriously against his big brother e8400 both oced @3,6GHz which both of them could reach easily w/o additional voltage, and then max oced both of them ... this review is simply ridiculous just the "when the money talks bs walks" kinda stuff

Third and most important you benched them in poor synthetic soft and games which we all know doesn't gain anything from multicore setups. And old DivX (not mentioned which) isn't developed for threads so all you proofed here that radix16 really gain some advantage over old k8l architecture but in what an old software which is not even used for serious production .... x264 multithreaded would be the real showoff to see the real power in multimedia encoding and some cinebench and 3dstudio cause these are the only thing what these uP are all about
                Last edited by grgaca; 05-22-2008, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak View Post
                  Thanks for your comments guys!

We dropped the ball on this review but I have since spoken to the writer and editor to keep a much closer eye on this type of thing from now on!
                  OK, so does this mean the review will be pulled down? Or will it be edited to properly reflect the results - without deliberate sensationalism?

Comment

Originally posted by steve_ska View Post
                    OK, so does this mean the review will be pulled down? Or will it be edited to properly reflect the results - without deliberate sensationalism?
                    Apparently, it means that the review will be left alone and, although they admit it's bad form, they'll continue publishing it in the same poor state.

Comment

It would be poor form to edit something that has been published and others have already read.

We understand your concerns and have already set things in place to make big improvements from now on.
                      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Why no cinebench R10 benchmarks? also I was wondering why the CPU vantage score isn't given along with the overall score? makes the processor look fairly slow to put it in a in a system with a slow graphics card then give the overall performance. same with the graphics cards not having the graphics score.

the graphs were also very funny I'm like "wow the X3 is crap" then I look and it's zoomed from 4000 to 4300, reminds me of the graphs in Al Frankens lying liers book.

Comment

Working...
                        X