Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ga-p35ds3r and ga-ep35ds3r gigabyte raidcontroller the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ga-p35ds3r and ga-ep35ds3r gigabyte raidcontroller the same?

I have a 2 disk raid array created with the gigabyte sata2 raidcontroller on my old ga-p35-ds3r. this board is dead and i have recived a mail from my online store to pick a new simular priced board. I have decided to try the ga-ep35-ds3r,it looks like this board have the same raid controller. Is it the same one. And will my array from the old board work with the new one?
    It is 640 gigs of file that I dont want to loose if i can choose a board with a compatible raid controller.

I have 4x1gig crusual ballistix pc6400 RAM. THis sticks worked great on the old board (running at 980Mhz oc) will there be any issues with the new board?

Re: ga-p35ds3r and ga-ep35ds3r gigabyte raidcontroller the same?

The boards are the same aside from the DES hardware and the E in the name, you should be able to use your old array with no issues. Same chipset and NB being used on both, your array wont know anything is changed

And you ram if it worked fine for you on the old board will also on your new one

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did order the board. BUT. If finds a raidarray only on one of the two disks. So I have disabled the raidkontroller in bios while i search for a solution to the problem. If i enable the gigabyte controller and set the mode to raid/ide I get bsods when i try to boot the computer ( wiht windows innstalled on a ide disk at the moment. I have to disable it or set it to ide only to get it to boot.

Is there any software that might manage to fix the array on the disk that the controller says is not an raid array. It might be the old board that have damaged the array part on the disk ,that dosnt work, when it died.

Comment

Have you tried switching the disks around on the ports? THe gigabyte controller would be the purple one and yellow/orange would be intel. Make sure you choose the same you had it on in the older board

Yeah there is some software that could help you maybe, but you would have to buy it. It is very good at getting files off messed up RAID's >>>>
        Get Data Back: Data Recovery, Email Recovery and File Repair Software

Comment

Working...
        X