Tcase is misread on P35-DS4 using E7200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tcase is misread on P35-DS4 using E7200

I just got my new E7200 6 days ago and I found out Tcase, which is the bios temp reading is reading incorrectly with E7200 on GA-P35-DS4 bios F12, and I heard its the same story with all 45nm's including quads as well. I set FSB to 200Mhz and multi to 6 for 1.2Ghz CPU speed and vcore to 0.80v, CPU cooler is a Zalman CNPS9700 NT. My ambient is 25c and Tcase is reading 19c which is not possible. I say this here because bios affects Tcase and I think some calibrations need to be done for F13.

Re: Tcase is misread on P35-DS4 using E7200

Bump

Comment

It is a known Issue with ALL 45nm cpu's

Your core temp is all you need to worry about anyway, and you should use and calibrate Realtemp for that. As I assume you know of since you have set your voltage and multi down so low I assume you done that as part of the calibration. If not, here is the download page and calibration pages
      Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring
      Real Temp - Documentation

Comment

Already did that, the DTS reads 36-38c because they are stuck and won't read low temps (both of them :() because its not idling at 38c with a Zalman CNPS9700 NT @ 1.2Ghz 0.78v in a 23c ambient room. Tcase will show 24c when I give it a 5c offset which is right as this test is supposed to put you 0.5-1c above ambient, reguardless of speed or vcore they DTS sit at 36-38c at idle... stupid stuck sensors.

Comment

Yeah alot of 45nm have stuck sensors, I got lucky mine is fine, both will go to down to about 28C is as far as my ambients will let me get with them. I guess I just got lucky, spent the extra on a Xeon in hopes of that and it paid off

What does your realtemp sensor movement test show?

It does sound like your chips sensors are stuck as you say a BIOS is never going to fix that, there is ways to "Attempt" to unstick them google that as I will not suggest any of that such as freezing your chip or shooting co2 onto it. I have seen a few methods to work as reported by some.

But not really a thing I would ever do......

Load temp is all we really NEED to worry about anyhow.

Comment

2-3c movement at stock speed and volts (1.15v) and 11c movement @ 3.9Ghz 1.344v. On load at stock speed and volts they read too high and on load at sig overclock they read 1-2c too low. I will read up on attempts to un-stick the DTS but most likely I won't try it.. but the key word is most likely :)

Comment

What does your sensor test show, using the test sensor button?

And do you have the newest version? If not grab it and test your sensor

But yeah that does not sound like much movement anyway so it does sound like it is stuck, intel may ship you a new one but you would have to ask them and see. Most people I have seen have that discussion came to the conclusion that a stuck sensor was not faulty as long as it would read higher load temps just fine and they thought Intel would likely say the same.

But if you are that worried about it, you could call them and see if they would ship you a new one. But again, that may have it as well.......

Comment

Both 3c movement at stock speed/volts and both 9-11c movement at sig overclock. I lapped it so RMA'ing it is down the drain, Iam yet to see at least 1 E7200 that had proper working sensors so the chance of getting one thats normal would be ever so slim.

Comment

9-11 sounds like they are moving properly to me

Comment

Working...
                  X