No announcement yet.

help !!! new ds3l won't boot after bios update !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help !!! new ds3l won't boot after bios update !!!!

damn it !!! just got my new computer with DS3L and E8400
    i guess i was to tired when flashed last night so maby flashed to earlier ver that what it was or dif REVISION (but same model - p35 DS3L)
    now nothing works after restart !!!
    first time the comp did a restart loop every 3 seq ...
    then i took the buttery off ...nothing ....
    tried the jumper ...
    now the comp just starts all fans moving but can't do anything !! i don't get a signal with the monitor - nothing !!!
    tried removing all hardware from the board...same - nothing ...tried remove memory to 1 slot - nothing
    what else to do !!?? new computer !!! :(

is there any other way i can get a signal with the monitor or the DS3L is dead ?
    what about getting a PCI Graphic card and connect it to a PCI slot instead of my PCI-E one ? will it help ?

Re: help !!! new ds3l won't boot after bios update !!!!

It is not your graphics card so ya dont need to worry about that. Sounds like you flashed to incorrect revision # or a older BIOS that does not support E8400

All you can do it try this with a floppy Post #6 >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/im-a...my-bios-26905/

If no luck or you do not have a floppy you will need to RMA the board. By they way not sure if you used @BIOS or not, but when you get your board fixed, or a new board DO NOT USE @BIOS

Comment

but that floppy a: recover system is only for some1 that GET a signal with the monitor and can even do something ....
      i CAN"T do anything ...the fans just speening and that's it
      i don't remember even setting the a: as boot in the bios ....but maby the cd-rom is at boot ....so can i do something still ?
      :(

Comment

No, Please FULLY READ the link posted in post # 6 I linked. It is how to BLIND flash

If you have a floppy, then go read what is posted. It will tell you how to make a blind flash disk that will automatically run with no interaction from you

Ohh yeah, I guess you would have needed A to be first in the boot order, which it should always be set to if you do have a floppy for this and various other things

If you need the RMA page let me know and I will post it for you

Comment

Working...
        X