After a year of working flawlessly my GA-P35-DS3R will not boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a year of working flawlessly my GA-P35-DS3R will not boot

Last night I powered down my PC like I usually do before bed. Today when I tried booting up, the fans started spinning, LEDs came on and then after about five seconds it reset. It will keep resetting like this until I flip the switch on my PSU. Now why would my system work flawlessly for a year and all of a sudden decide not to boot?

Specs:
    Gigabyte P35-DS3R Rev 1
    Intel E6420
    2GB crucial ballistix ddr2 800
    Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB
    Enermax 485watt PSU

I've tried resetting the bios using the jumper, removing the battery, reseating RAM, disconnecting peripherals, and just about everything I can think of.

Any ideas how I can fix this? Did my board just die all of a sudden?

Re: After a year of working flawlessly my GA-P35-DS3R will not boot

Just answered a very simular post ??? .... anyway ...: My first move would be to test the PSU or try using a different PSU.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I have removed the PSU and tried it in another PC. It works. Besides, it has always performed very well with very good voltage on all rails.

Comment

Can you get to the BIOS? Did you just flash the BIOS? If not, do you have a floppy?

It sounds as if your boot block in your BIOS went corrupt on you, here is the ONLY way to fix that if you have a floppy (Blind Flash) >>>
        Award 6.0 BIOS - BootBlock Recovery

Other then that, have you tried it with only one stick of ram? And have you tested that ram on another system? Crucial is known to die often with and without reason

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Can you get to the BIOS? Did you just flash the BIOS? If not, do you have a floppy?

It sounds as if your boot block in your BIOS went corrupt on you, here is the ONLY way to fix that if you have a floppy (Blind Flash) >>>
          Award 6.0 BIOS - BootBlock Recovery

Other then that, have you tried it with only one stick of ram? And have you tested that ram on another system? Crucial is known to die often with and without reason
          No, I can't get to the BIOS, the motherboard won't POST. I just cycles through rebooting itself every 5 seconds. I did, however, update my BIOS, but that was a few weeks ago.

I've tried just about every RAM configuration imaginable - to no avail.

I don't have a floppy drive, but I'll try to pick one up, since they're generally cheaper than a new motherboard. ;)

Comment

Yeah, you can get one for $6 at the right store. And like I said that is a Possible fix, not for sure. Sometimes it works fine and other times not. But yeah like you said way cheaper then a new board for sure

Comment

Working...
            X