What CPU to buy to go with Epox 8KHA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What CPU to buy to go with Epox 8KHA

Okay i just ordered my Epox 8KHA, so what processor should i get. I am thinking about the 1500 XP amd , looks like the best band for my buck . yes or no ?

Thanks in Advance :)

KYGEEK

Looks good, just make sure your 8KHA is a "+" model

Comment

why the " +" model, i thought it only does ide raid?

Comment

It is confusing sometimes

on the Epox EP-8K7A & EP-8K7A+, the "+" does refer to a RAID controller.

on the Epox EP-8KHA & EP-8KHA+, the "+" refers to the KT-266a chipset as opposed to the original KT-266 on the non"+" board

as someone who's used both - trust me the 8KHA+ is well worth the extra couple of $$:thumb:

Comment

Agreed!

As a recent convert to EPoX, I too can vouch for their awesome board. Between the DDR and the stability, it's nearly impossible to beat it...especially since the price is in the realm of the "Budget Boards".

And overclockability? Take a look at my signature and you'll get the picture... and I'm confident that it will do more since I haven't even had time to properly tweak the board settings yet. :D
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Okay, I just emailed the company I purchased from and ask them to change my order to the "+" board :)

Thanks PEOPLE :)

Comment

You'll be very glad that you changed. ;)
              Have fun!
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

I would go with the Athlon XP 1600+
                It can easily do the same clock speed as the 1800+ and is a only a few buks extra. Plus, I cant even seem to find the 1500+ for sale at the online stores I frequent....

The 1600+ is a mere AU$270
                Which would be next to nothing in US $$$

Cant go wront with Kang Tong...err, the 1600+

Comment

I'd have gone with a T-bird, after all, isn't the 1600+ sim speed as a 1.4 TB ?!
                  Onyx

TweakTown
                  OCAU - Overclockers Australia
                  CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

Originally posted by Onyx
                    I'd have gone with a T-bird, after all, isn't the 1600+ sim speed as a 1.4 TB ?!
                    They're both 1.4 GHz - but with the XP you get SSE support, cooler operating temps & more OC'ing head room +++

Comment

...as well as quantispeed and the (superior) Palomino core.

That, and you cant buy the TBirds anymore...or its well worth the measly few extra dollars for the said benefits of the Athlon XP.

Comment

My friend is looking at Athlon XP CPUs at the moment, and we were going through pricing. I suggested he buy the 1700+, it seems to be the best value currently. The 1600+ was only $35 cheaper, and the 1800+ was a whopping $190 dearer :eek:
                        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

GREAT!! the moron store i purchased from never returned my phone call or email. About wanted to get the "+" board and Now i just got a email from FEXex saying something is coming my way! ACK!!!!!!! I hate returning stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by kygeek
                            GREAT!! the moron store i purchased from never returned my phone call or email. About wanted to get the "+" board and Now i just got a email from FEXex saying something is coming my way! ACK!!!!!!! I hate returning stuff!
                            If your not an overclocker - the 8KHA will probably suit you just fine

But if your looking for stability @ a 180+FSB & want every last little bit of memory bandwidth - go through the hassle to get the plus, you'll be glad you did

Comment

I do not over clock. I just want a nice mobo with amd 1500xp processor , I'm i asking for too much :)

Comment

Working...
                              X