Memory compatibility..please help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory compatibility..please help..

I have a GA-EX38-DS5 motherboard and 2GB of Ballistix PC8500 running at 1066MHz. I have been having BSOD problems over the past 2 months and looking on the forums it looks like the memory is probably to blame (checked things out last night and one of the sticks may be duff). Before I go an buy more memory can anyone tell me if Kingston hyperx PC8500 is compatible with this board? If not what should I be buying and why are GB boards so tempramental with some makes of memory?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by marcostheblack; 08-29-2008, 06:32 AM. Reason: Typo on board model number

Re: Memory compatibility..please help..

Ya, you are right. That ram is not X38/X48 Compatible >>>
    NOTICE: X38/X48 Ballistix Tracers Compatibility Dropped

Kingston is compatible but is not the greatest in choices of ram. If that is all your budget will get you then you will be ok

I would suggest Mushkins or G.Skill if you can afford them though, both have sets in the same price ranges

Black or Blue Mushkins are the better sets, with black being the top end.

G.Skills Blue sets are better, Names/Models that end in Q or K are the better sets, Queen and Kings

Comment

thanks lsdmeasap. I only asked about Kingston as the supplier I got the ballistix from also supplies them. Oh well... Anyone want to buy 2 1gb sticks of 8500 balistix ram? ;-)

Comment

Kingston is good and will work. I just said that as it is not one of the better overclockers.

But some of the expensive ones are actually decent.

Comment

Working...
        X