GSvr.exe crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSvr.exe crash

I installed Gigabyte Dymanic Energy Saver and Easy Tune on my two new systems, an EP54-DS3R and a EG45-DS2H.

I am running Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 on both systems.

On both systems I frequently get a crash reported by Windows in GSvr.exe.
    This seems to be associated with the GEST Service installed by Energy Saver.

gsvr.exe has no version information, and gest.exe still has the default version infromation added by the Visual Studio MFC dialog wizard.
    This already tells me alot about the type of developer that would not pay attention to detail...

Anyway, I downloaded the installers from the motherboard utilities section, are there any newer versions elsewhere?

P.

Re: GSvr.exe crash

I believe this is a fairly common experience and certainly has been my experience with DES. Eventually, I just uninstalled it.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Comment

Yeap, waste of programming I think. It will only save you $2-3 per year anyway.

Overclocking boards should not have ever been even made with this or any similar software, defeats the purpose of a strong overclocking board and confuses newer system builders

Comment

Ok thanks, I'll just uninstall it.

How about Easy Tune, any use for that, or are there other tools that show similar info and allow similar control that are better?

Comment

Well for control, you want to make ANY changes in the system BIOS, not with a software.

As for information, yes Everest Ultimate shows Much more info. Here is a trial, with some limits such as partial info blocked out >>>
          Lavalys - Comprehensive IT Security and Management

Here is a free application called PCWizard, which is VERY Similar to everest but is fully functioning as it is not a trial. >>>
          CPUID ~ PCWizard

That same company also makes HWmonitor which is a utility to watch temps/voltages/fan speeds only. But you only need this or PCWizard as it includes this info as well. >>>>
          CPUID ~ HWMonitor

And here is CPU-z which is very similar to page one of EasyTune, which has your CPU FSB Freq, and CPU info
          CPUID ~ CPU-z

GPU-z for your Graphic cards >>>
          GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

Comment

Thanks.

Are there any utilities that display the BIOS settings in Windows?

Comment

Well, some of them. Memory ones can be shown with Memset (They can also be changed but be careful, and do not use Save feature to apply at boot time) >>>
              Tweakers.fr

If you meant any other settings let me know and I will think a bit, but off the top of my head that would be it

Now, some of the above apps will show you settings you have set in different areas of the programs, but no none will show you a "BIOS Settings" type of thing

Comment

I purchased a copy of Everest, very nice app, no more need for either of the Gigabyte apps.

Comment

RIGHT! Everest Ultimate Is Super nice! I have used it for years.

Here is a tip for ya, voltages out to the .0000 decimal place >>>

Comment

I still think EasyTune 6 is nice for monitoring things. It gives the correct DRAM voltage, for instance, I can see what I commanded MCH to, etc. I do use and like Everest, but it doesn't seem to entirely replace EasyTune for monitoring purposes. It would be nice to see all the things that these various tools show us in one, tidy application!
                    (I think you asked me this question on another thread, LSD, but I can't remember where!)
                    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition

Comment

WOW, it does for me!

What can you not find in Everest, Ill tell you where it is. You said Correct DDR2 voltage, Everest shows that as well. Did you not see it? Maybe the trial is what Is limited. I can see all and much more in everest then ET for sure

Another board eh? Hmm, what did I show you or we talk about exactly? A AIO type application?

Comment

Where can you find the DRAM voltage in Everest? I can only find the SPD thing that says 1.8v. I have commanded 2.1v from BIOS, and ET shows 2.088v. Can't find a similar reading in Everest...must be looking in all the wrong places.

Comment

It is here in Everest (Sorry for the late reply, I almost missed this thread in new posts when I was replying to everyone) >>>>

Comment

Ahhh! Thanks, L! Ok, mine is reading 2.064 both in Everest and ET6. Since my RAM is spec'd at 2.1v, do you think I should command 2.2v in BIOS since it appears to drop a bit? Or is this 2.064v number ok at idle?

Comment

It is fine, and actually better to use less. Especially if your ram is Memtest86+ stable.

But you know that Right? Less volts that are stable on anything is best. Only a few tests would let you know.

Just keep in mind, less and stable also means you do have more room to up the volts and increase ram Freq then

Comment

Working...
                              X