BSOD Bad_Pool-Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD Bad_Pool-Header

Hey there, Ive done abit of searching but a few sites tell me to do diff things. Anyway, ( from about a week ago) my pc might freeze on startup (windows loading page), my pc might restart automatically and I also get the BSOD Bad_Pool_Header at least once a day, quite annoying.

Specs:
    Pent 4 4CPU 3.40GHZ
    488 MB Ram
    Windows XP

Any help would be great, appreciated, thanks.

Re: BSOD Bad_Pool-Header

I recently downloaded and installed service pack 3.

No problems since... =)

Comment

Nice to see you got it fixed. I was about to suggest a CHKDSK, but that was likely done in your updating

Post back anytime if you need some help, I usually am not so slow to reply

Comment

Thanks...problem...

It was fine last night. Turned it on today, finished the updates, ignored to restart straight after they had finished to finish a college project. It suddenly restarted itself. Took a good 5minutes to get back on. The tower started up alright a few times, but nothing appeared on the monitor, no BSOD, no windows loading page or anything :S

Thanks

Comment

Update:

Bad_Pool_Header

***stop: 0x00000019
          (0x00000020, 0xe2ba9a88, 0xe2ba9ae0,0x0c0b0602)

Comment

There are SEVERAL things that can cause this, BAD RAM, Corrupt or conflicting drivers, Corrupt Index, Faulty PCI Cards, Ect ..........and the list goes on.

First thing I would do is Burn a Memtest86+ ISO and run memtest86+ to be SURE it is not your ram. Here is the latest Version 2.01 >>>
            Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Try this related fix first after memtest in SAFE MODE >>>>

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];q314060
            1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
            2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
            3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
            4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
            5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
            6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.
            Then if no luck, try disabling the Indexing service. To the indexing service from running, then click Start->Run type services.msc, and click OK. Find and Double click the Indexing Service and set the startup type to either manual, or disabled.

You can also try a chkdks. To Do this properly, please open a run box (Windows Key + R) and in that type >>> CMD.

Then in the command window type the following, yes there is spaces and it IS necessary so copy and paste if you can. IF not be sure you notice each space. >>>>
            Code:
            chkdsk /x /f /r
            Enter Yes to all it asks you and then reboot, Chkdsk will be run when you reboot.

Also see this for other fixes >>>

In the end, if you Ram tests out good, and none of the above works you may need to do a clean install. This is what I would suggest right off the bat, as it is best for your system and you.

Comment

Ahh, see this is a week old thread, I had no clue what you was talking about.

You still need help with this now or did you get it?

Comment

No worries.

Still won't let me delete them in safe mode or normal. Im guessing it's something to do with permissions but not messed around with anything yet...

Just got the BSOD again but this time with:
                Irql_not_less_or_equal

*sigh* lol
                Last edited by Jinglewaffle; 09-20-2008, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Is this your system? If so, you can sign in as THE administrator (Not the same as A administrator) , that is why you are having issues likely.

To sign in as THE ADMINISTRATOR you can do this >>>
                  Right click on ''Computer -> Manage -> Local Users and Groups -> Users
                  -> Rightclick Administrator -> Properties -> Uncheck ''Account is disabled''.

Then reboot and login as the admin and try again, you may also have to try it in safe mode on either account

Have you ram Memtest86+ on your ram? Bad Ram can often cause this as well >>>
                  Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Did you ever run the checkdisk command I put above? If not, do that first and see if it helps, then test your ram, then try this registry thing last as it may not even be the issue

Comment

Yea I did the checkdisc command last night...

Ive just been into the admin user group and "Account is disabled" was already unchecked :S

No, I've not done the RAM test yet, Il do that now

Thanks.

Comment

Then logoff and login as the admin then instead of the user you are logged in as now

Ya, test the ram first, you may also want to if you can stick that drive on another system as slave and check the health of it with HDDlife >>>

Comment

Ok, there's the update. I ran Memtest86+ and it came out very bad i think..lol

It said it found 33 errors.

Now, I didnt write any of these down but basically, I need new RAM? lol

Comment

Sound like it maybe, you should test each stick by itself to be sure it isnt just one of them

What board is this, and in the BIOS do you have any overclocking or Ram settings you can adjust?

Comment

Motherboard:
                            Asus p5s800-vm/s

What exactly Am I looking for in the BIOS sorry?

As for testing each RAM. Do I simply remove 1, test it with memtest and do the same for the other if needed?
                            Last edited by Jinglewaffle; 09-22-2008, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Yeap, test one in slot one is all, then do the next one by itself. That way you know if one is bad and one is good.

In your BIOS do you see anything like Ram or DDR voltage or timings or CPU frequences or multipliers you can adjust?

Comment

Working...
                              X