Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good CPU Heatsink/Fan for overclocking

CPU is E7200 currently stock at 2.52Ghz

Would like to start overclocking it but I know the stock heatsink/fan will not allow for that without frying the processor.

Any recommendations would be helpful. I would like something not super expensive and does not need to liquid cool as I am only planning on going up to about 3.2-3.4Ghz.

Re: Good CPU Heatsink/Fan for overclocking

Well I would suggest A Thermalright Ultra 120 if you case will allow it to fit, or Tuniq Tower 120 is alos very nice. Really all depends on your case and How much $$ you want to spend

Comment

I have been using a Xigmatek HDT style cooler with very good results, but these things are very big so you would need to research if it will fit in your case.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Picked up an Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro yesterday and did some overclocking
        Let me know how this looks so far

Comment

I looked at the Xigmatek's like you suggested but based on my motherboard layout it was a no go. Same with the other 2 recommendations. :-(

Comment

Looks a bit warm for 3.1 idle I would say

Comment

your temps seem fine to me cash... as for that cooler, id recommend the Tuniq Core Contact Freezer (icy cold!), the OCZ Vendetta 2 (next thing to silent) or the CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 (a great balance)

Comment

I, too, like the AC Freezer7Pro. Fits into most Gb MOBO's well; has decent quality hold down clips, and, most important to me, fan is hung onto frame with four little silicone rubber 'thingies' that completely isolate any possible fan noise from its 42 aluminum fins (otherwise known as 'reverberators' on some coolers!)...

Comment

What was ur load temps? They are more important then idle temps.
                  CPU: Intel C2Q Q6600 G0 @ 3.2GHz W/ 1.184v (Max Overclock - 4.1GHz ON AIR)
                  Mobo: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (Max Overclock - 515FSB)
                  RAM: CellShock 2GB PC2-8500 @ 1200MHz 5-5-5-15 (Max Overclock - 1300MHz 5-4-4-12)
                  Video Card: Gainward HD4870 GS @ 775MHz/4000MHz (Max Overclock - 835MHz/1175MHz)
                  Case: Antec 1200

Comment

EKL Brocken :)) + 2x enermax magma

Comment

Working...
                    X