Power on for only one second - GA-ep35-ds3l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power on for only one second - GA-ep35-ds3l

Problem description: Just recently recieved new motherboard, memory, cpu, and video card. After installing it in the case and pluging both power connectors (atx 12 v and 24 pin) the computer couldn't stay turned on. Basically it stays on for one second, turns itself off for 5 seconds and repeats the cicle. If the atx 12 connector its unplugged the machine turns on all right, no power off whatsoever. But of course it doesnt boot or anything. It seriously looks that I have somehow killed the motherboard or it arrived DOA, but I just wanted to check out with you guys. So, am I screwed or what?

Attempted fixes: Tried unpluggin ram and videocard, didn't solve anything, made sure that the motherboard isn't touching the case. Right now the motherboard is sitting on a cardbox with only the minimal plugged. Im sure the videocard is not the issue since I've tried with another

System specs: Intel e8400, Gigabyte ep35-ds3l, corsair ddr2 800, ati radeon 4850, corsair 650tx

Re: Power on for only one second - GA-ep35-ds3l

How much ram? 2x1 or 2x2? If 2x2 please try with only one stick only in slot one and try again. And also, please try with both separately if you have no luck. Can you test this ram on another system to be sure it is not DOA?

Did you for sure hook up the ATX 12 pin, and are you SURE it is the correct wire coming from your PSU?

CPU fan plugged in for sure?

Try with no hard drive as well while you have it out of the case

DO you have a Case speaker, if so and not connected please connect it and let us know the error beep you are getting

Comment

Ram is 2x2. I did try having them one at a time as you suggested, and currently, motherboard right now is only plugged with the cpu and fan. Later this afternoon a friend is coming by whit his pc so I can check components on another pc just in case.

I'm pretty sure that the it was plugged correctly. But just in case, I used a 4 pin molex just like this one

Cpu fan plug connected and neither are drives. Unfortunately no case speaker so I'm afraid I cant provaid information from beeps :(

Thanks for your help so far!

Comment

Yeah that is the one, I just had to ask to be sure as I have had people not sure themselves, and one guy recently plugged in the 4pin off the 24 pin into his.

Did you try each stick in all slots one by one? Just thinking maybe slot one itself is bad.

Great you have someone coming by to test parts on, that will help very much

Have you reseated the CPU? If not, please do so and while you have it out Be sure that all the pins are correct and not bent out of place. And when you put it back on be sure the Heatsink is fully screwed/clamped down

Other then that you may either have bad ram (Both sticks DOA -It can happen) or your board is messed up somehow. Or your PSU is messed up, be sure to also test your friends.

That board will work with that CPU with any BIOS so that is not the issue for sure.

Good luck, and I hope it is something simple and ya dont have to RMA your board

Comment

try upping the northbridge (MCH) voltage to 1.2-1.4V. im guessing thats this RAM (TWIN2X4096-6400C5). try manually setting the DRAM voltage to 2V (even tho its rated for 1.9) as well. have you OC'd the CPU or RAM at all? If so you'll have to up the RAM at bit more than normal.

try running Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool with each DIMM individually... if you can run through 3 full cycles with each DIMM then you can probably confirm that the RAM is fine.

Can you get to the BIOS? and can you boot to Windows if you let the cycle continue a few times (no more than 5 or 6)?

Comment

Working...
          X