Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-X48-DS5, Q6600 and Fine CPU Clock Ratio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X48-DS5, Q6600 and Fine CPU Clock Ratio?

I've recently upgraded my computer with a GA-X48-DS5 motherboard and Q6600. Thanks to all the posts by Lsdmeasap I read while waiting for delivery (to some people, in stock seems to refer to some random point in the future) I've had no problem getting everything stable at stock speeds (touch wood).

I was hoping to get a nice 3GHz overclock, nothing too fancy, and had seen other configs using a BIOS entry "Fine CPU Clock ratio" set to +0.5 to get the 7.5 x 400Mhz I was aiming for. However I can't find a "Fine CPU Clock ratio" option in my BIOS (I've tried F5 and F7, I'm avoiding any BIOS called Beta right now). Is there something I need to do to make it appear? I note that the posts I've seen it in all have Q9xxx processors, so maybe it requires one of those?

Thanks.

And thanks to Lsdmeasap for all the advice he has (indirectly) supplied.

Re: GA-X48-DS5, Q6600 and Fine CPU Clock Ratio?

Fine Clock Ratio is only available on 45nm CPU's. Your's is a 65nm, so you will not be able to use this feature.

Do you need some help with settings? I can help if you do. YOu may just have to try for 8x400 for 3.2

Comment

Hi Lsdmeasap,

I seem to have it stable on 375x8 with the 2.66D multiplier for the RAM. Since the temps don't seem bad (highest 54 degrees C under 100% load) I'll give the 400x8 a try tonight. I noted that the temps for cores 2 and 3 always seem to be 2 to 4 degrees less than 1 and 4 (even at 100% load on all 4 cores), is this normal?

The only thing I havn't done anything with is the timings for the RAM. I've got 2x2GB Corsair Dominator RAM ( TWIN2X4096-8500C5D, mushkin is more or less impossible to get over here in the UK ) and apart from adding +0.2 to the DDR2 OverVoltage Control, I havn't changed anything from its detected values. I know its supposed to run at 5-5-5-15-2T but I'm not entierly sure what to put in the Advanced Timing Control section, so if you have any suggestions there, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Comment

Ya, that is normal. Not all the cores are doing the same calculations is all. And those are decent temps as well

For 2x2 I would add +0.1-0.2V MCH Voltage and then use these ranges >>>

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
        Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
        Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
        Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 12/15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________3-5
        Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3-6
        Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4-6 (May need 8-10)
        Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 48-50 (52-62)
        Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-6
        Static tRead Value_______________ 7-12
        Static tRead Phase Adjust________[Auto] <<< Always leave on Auto

Comment

Edit: After I posted the following I saw you were actually not in need of my humble 3.0 OC specs and that you were in capbable hands already...so please disregard my post.

The setting below is a perfectly stable 3.0 overclock using settings I found:

My current settings are as follows:

1. Robust Graphics Booster: Auto
          2. CPU Clock Ratio: 9x
          3. CPU Host Clock Control: Enabled
          4. CPU Frequency (MHz): 333
          5. PCI Express Frequency (MHz): 100
          6. C.I.A 2: Disabled
          7. Performance Enhance: Disabled
          8. System memory Multiplier: 3.2B
          9. DRAM Timing Selectable: 5-5-5-15
          10 System Voltage Control: Manual
          11. CPU Voltage Control: 1.3
          Last edited by Jeff Harper; 11-14-2008, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X