Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major problem with GA-MA770-DS3 help plz

Re: Major problem with GA-MA770-DS3 help plz

Do you have a older CPU? You may have to update to BIOS version F4 to use your CPU. What Board Revision do you have? And what CPU Stepping did you get?

Board revision is printed in the corner of the board under the PCI slots >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - FAQ

If it is a Revision 2 board and a G2 stepping CPU then you need F4 BIOS

Does that PSU support your Graphics card? Enough 12V amps?

Best thing to do is take the board out of the case and put in on a wooden table or cardboard box, NO Motherboard tray. Then try only one stick of ram in slot one (Try both separately incase you have a dead one, Also try other ram if you have it). Your CPU and Heatsink, and your Graphics card. That is it no hard drive or cd drives, and see if you can get to the BIOS that way.

If not, you should be testing this ram in another PC if you can you could have got a DOA set.

Have another older graphics card? If so test with it as well

Other then that if your PSU supports that graphics card, then the only other thing I could suggest is to reseat the CPU that helps sometimes

Comment

Thx alot for you help. I checked it and it seem my new cpu use G2 stepping.

So checked it on gigabytes homepage: <table bgcolor="#c8c8c8" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr id="div_14075" bgcolor="#f6f6f6"><td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">AMD</td><td align="center">Athlon 64 X2 5400+</td><td align="center">2800Mhz</td><td align="center">512KBx2</td><td align="center">Windsor</td><td align="center">90nm</td><td align="center">G2</td><td align="center">65W</td><td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">2000</td><td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">F4</td></tr></tbody></table>
      ok so now I know what the problem is thx alot Lsd:)

But how do i fix it? Can i boot a new Bios version from the diskdrive alone and how do i do it since i preatty much is walking in blind?

regards

update: Bought some ****ty old AMD sempron 2800+ for 5$ gonna use this so i can update the BIOS settings to F4.

Btw gigabyte plz implement a BIOS update fully automated without using you monitor would be awesome if there was a way to use either a USB or diskdrive bios boot disk that would do a bios update..
      Last edited by Burmeister; 10-03-2008, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Ya you should be good to go with that older CPU then

You can use floppy to blind flash, but you have to have already been in the BIOS and set a few things up beforehand.

Well good luck man, and post back when you get that older CPU so We can know for sure if that BIOS update was all you needed

Comment

Working...
        X