Network issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network issue?

Ok so I have a EP31-DS3L and for some reason I can't get any kind of network (other than wireless) to work....I'm seriously stumped. I put everything together started it up and it worked fine. Then over the next few days of use the connection started to go in and out say "limited or no connection". So I figure ok trouble shoot it, grab another card and make sure the connection works. Ok, i grab two. both come out with the same issue. I konw that atleast one of the cards I used worked before I used it. I also know the connection is fine as I'm using my laptop right now to write this. I've tried deleting the hardware from device driver and reinstalling it no success. Did i do something via sofware? or is the network controller messed up? This really has me stumped as even add in cards don't work.....maybe a bio setting? Give me a hand so i can use this thing on the internet. Thanks all.

Computer specs:
    MB: Gigabyte EP31-DS3L
    Processor: Intel E216 @ 1.8Ghz
    Ram: 1 g 800mhz
    Video card: XFX 7300
    PSU: enough.....

Re: Network issue?

bump

Comment

No need to bump mate, If no one answers you I will FOR Sure once I get in. I answer all new posts in order when I get in. No biggie, just letting you know that you are not being ignored.

I see you mention add in cards, but is your main concern with the actual Onboard Connections? If so, you do have it enabled in the BIOS I assume right?

Do you have the latest RealTek driver installed, as well as the latest Intel Chipset drivers?

If not, here is a link to both. Hopefully this will get you going better >>>

Intel Chipset Installer >>>
      |MG| Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility 9.0.0.1011

RealTek Lan Driver >>>

XP
      GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

Vista
      GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

And since you say you tested 2 add-in cards and have the same issue if the above drivers do not fix your issue you may have some additional issues with either your router or switch depending on what you are using.

If mean if you have issues with the onboard connections and add-in cards then it is not normally a driver issue. In Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections Tab, LAN settings at the bottom do you have "Automatically Detect Settings" box checked? If not, try that as it often helps

Comment

Well the router or switch is fine. I'm using the same internet cable that I tried on my desktop. I couldn't care less if the onboard works. I just want some kind of ethernet connection. I'm capped at 100mps here so I don't care.

The funny thing is that it worked fine at first. I got the machine, had it up and running and it worked fine. Then it would start to show "limited or no connection" but then go away. now its down for good. This is a computer I use at school (I'm going for computers, CIT at branford hall). the funny thing is that another guy in my class (has the exact same computer) just had the same thing happen but his went away. It just came and went for him. Mine came and didn't go away.

Its a really weird issue because the computer worked fine, then all of a sudden went out. Plus I mean an add in card shouldn't be affected by it I wouldn't believe? I've checked everything that you usually need to check. Threw in two different cards but still had the same problem. the issue really makes no sense to me. I won't be able to give the computer a try until next week I believe.

BTW, the only reason I did the bump was because I was in class and wanted to try to get something done before I had to leave that night. Other wise i wouldn't have cared.
        Last edited by lDaGGerl; 10-16-2008, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Hmm, Sound like you have done the general testing needed then. I was about to say maybe the board is messed up, but after seeing you say add in card again do the same I have to again be led to believe it has to do with some setting or the router. Did you check the setting I mentioned in Internet Options?

Comment

Not as of yet. I'll have to wait until next week on wednesday to give it a try. I'm not sure whats going on with the whole system. I'd like to grab it and take it home and test it out where I have a system that I know (I don't know the schools system to much, I know how my router and whole network is setup at my house).

Thanks for your help. As long as you've pretty much verified that I've tried all the common problems I can now look into some other possiblitys. I just wanted to see if there was something I missed or maybe something I just didn't know about these boards. I'll give you an update as soon as I can.

Comment

Ya, being as it is the school's router and such you may need to set some things differently. I would see about asking someone in the office if there is any official School Proxies or similar settings you need to be using.

Yeah, I think you have checked all of the norm. Ask someone in the Computer dept at the school about What your settings should be or why you are having issues with their network

Comment

Working...
              X