Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-M57SLI-S4 - No Video Output

Hi everyone.

I've been using a M57SLI-S4 for some months now and recently have been experiencing problems when powering up. It's intermittent and occurs in little clusters.

When I power up my rig, my Nvidia 8800GTS doesn't display the POST screens.

I think i've previously eliminated the DVI ports and monitor which can be used with another machine. I believe the POST is happening and XP then loads but i just can't see it. For the next round of testing i will disconnect the HDDs so to ensure i don't corrupt my data and OS (which i've done in the past when hard booting the machine).

In the past i've reseated the GFX card, Reseated the RAM, killing the power - removed the BIOS battery overnight and wiped the CMOS.

After the CMOS wipe i have had my best success rate but now nothing seems to be working for me.

I'm also not hearing any BIOS Beeps which i think is normal on my rig (remember because it doesn't wake up my wife when i sneak off early to play WoW).

Any other Ideas how i can proceed with a troubleshoot?

More details:
    The PSU has been fine and its graded for SLI use, 650W Tagen (spelling?) but with a single GPU. Don't think W should be a problem

I've also attached a FAN to the chipset because its lovely and hot without it.

I don't have a details list of components at hand but be assured my rig has been working for around 5months with only occasional failures. Hopefully issues regarding PSU power will be marginalised.

Thanks a million
    Oli

Re: GA-M57SLI-S4 - No Video Output

To hear beeps you do need a Case speaker connected, you have one?

What ram do you have and how much? What BIOS are you using?

Can you test this card in another system? Can you boot to dos fine with this card, or get into the BIOS? Just wonder if maybe somehow the 16bit part of the display features of the card are messed up.

Comment

Thanks for responding Lsdmeasap.

Last night i dusted off all the old components of another rig and started isolation testing. It was only when i tried my old ASUS and 9600GT that i started querying the monitor and cabling.

After 3 months of intermittent problems muddying the issue i've discovered it's a faulty DVI input socket on the monitor so I've reverted to the DSUB15 for the time being.

I will be going out to get a case speaker, can't believe my Antec didn't some with one and now you mention it there is no obviosuly speaker component on MoBo.

I feel foolish, I've obviously misinterpreted behaviour from the CMOS resets, the main problems being that without any changes the monitor would start and stop working.

Damn!

Comment

Glad to hear you found the issue, sorry to hear it was your monitor connection!

Ya, normally you have to connect a speaker. If you have a small one, any will work. Headphones, tweeter, ect. But since you found the issue, I guess it is not so important right now. There is normally a few on ebay for $1-3, if you ebay and need a link let me know

Dont feel bad, could happen to anyone. Main thing is you found it!!!

Comment

Working...
        X