Ep45-dsr3 bus speed won't go higher than 266

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep45-dsr3 bus speed won't go higher than 266

Back in July, I built this rig with an EP45-ds3r, e8400, 4 gigs of Mushkin ddr2 800 with Vista home premium 64 running stock speed 3 Ghz. What I have recently noticed is at post , it shows only 2.4 ghz instead of 3ghz. I have C1E and EIST disabled in bios and speedstep disabled in Vista. Bios version f10.

All bios settings show it set to 3 ghz (333 x 9) on auto but cpuz shows
    a core speed of 2400 mhz, 9X multi, and fsb of 1066. Ram shows at 800 mhz in bios also. I would just like it to run at the stock speeds again. Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Ed

Re: Ep45-dsr3 bus speed won't go higher than 266

Sounds like maybe you should update your BIOS. DO NOT USE @BIOS!

Here is a Qflash Guide I wrote >>>

Be sure to read it so you know what to expect to do after you flash and load optimized. Like setting your disk settings again BEFORE you load windows.

Your board BIOS is up to F10 now, with many improvements over the July BIOS if you are still using that >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0)

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Sounds like maybe you should update your BIOS. DO NOT USE @BIOS!

Here is a Qflash Guide I wrote >>>

Be sure to read it so you know what to expect to do after you flash and load optimized. Like setting your disk settings again BEFORE you load windows.

Your board BIOS is up to F10 now, with many improvements over the July BIOS if you are still using that >>>
      GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0)
      Thanks for responding, but this was flashed to f10 BIOS with Qflash when it was released from beta. It shows as f10 at post. Any other suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Ed

Comment

Anyone else have any ideas before I return this board?

Ed

Comment

Have you cleared the CMOS and the loaded optimized defaults again yet? This may help for sure. If you do, please remember to go back in the BIOS BEFORE you load windows to set your SATA settings again, and then of course go back and set all your other items again such as C1E and EIST disabled >>>

Advanced Settings
          Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
          No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
          CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
          C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
          x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
          CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
          CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
          Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Comment

Yeah, clearing CMOS is what did the trick. Now, adjusting the freq. in the BIOS actually changes the speed again. Thanks for the tips.

Ed

Comment

Glad I could be of some help! P45 has got me down an out sometimes these days when it comes to helping!

Seems no matter what more and more each day have issues that would only take a post or two to fix in P35, SO MANY OPTIONS in P45!!

Glad to see you are back in action

Comment

Working...
              X