Test: Advanced RAM timings, Auto vs. Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test: Advanced RAM timings, Auto vs. Manual

Like I said earlier, I would do some small test to show the difference in performance between the tightest Manual advanced timings vs the much looser AUTO.

For both test the main timings were 4-4-4-10 @ 800mhz, CPU speed was @ 9x400 all the time.
    Both tests had the tRFC set to 42 and tRD to 8, thats as low as I could get them without issues.

I did the Everest memory and cache test to show pretty raw numbers.
    Also did the PCmark Vantage Memories Suite test which takes the max out of your CPU and RAM.

------
    Test 1:
    Auto tRRD, tWTR, tWR, tRTP
    Attached Files
    Primairy system: GA-EP45-DS4 / E8400 C0 / 2x2GB OCZ ReaperX PC8000 / Sapphire HD5870 / Creative Xfi Xtrememusic PCI / Intel Postville 160GB for OS & Programs / Antec Neopower 650w / Antec 900 / Windows7x64pro RTM (build7600)

Re: Test: Advanced RAM timings, Auto vs. Manual

Test 2:

BIOSsettings: tRRD 1, tWTR 2, tWR 1, tRTP 2
    Real Values: tRRD 1, tWTR 9, tWR 8, tRTP 4

I could set the tRTP as low as 1 in the BIOS, but it remained 4 as real value.
    Command Rate could be set to CR1 aswell in the BIOS, but real value remained 2 all the time.

What is not shown in this comparison is the difference between tREF 18 (default of this ram) and the current tREF 10 which is set in both tests and was the lowest possible, this difference isnt really noticeable aswell.

Screeny
    Attached Files
    Primairy system: GA-EP45-DS4 / E8400 C0 / 2x2GB OCZ ReaperX PC8000 / Sapphire HD5870 / Creative Xfi Xtrememusic PCI / Intel Postville 160GB for OS & Programs / Antec Neopower 650w / Antec 900 / Windows7x64pro RTM (build7600)

Comment

Working...
    X