X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep45-ud3p

Hi

Why the mobo only show 2.75GB of 4GB? i know XP only support max 3.25gb
    but my other motherboard 965P-DS3 with the same hardware and software show 3.25GB

:S.. why? is a bios problem or what :O?

Re: Ep45-ud3p

does your board at POST show the full 4GB? do you mean that XP32 just shows 2.75GB?

my newly setup ud3R has 4GB running in dual channel mode, XP32 shows 2.5GB total avail RAM.

my old board (680i based, e4300 @ 3.4GHz, also 4GB ram) always displayed 3GB free in XP <32-bit> - not sure why XP shows only 2.5GB with this new Giga board.

Can anyone else add to this (XP users with 4GB of phys ram) ?

(note - i haven't added any switches to bootup <pae, /3gb>)

Comment

note - i used to have a 265MB 7950gt vid card (with the 680i setup) , now i have a 512MB 9800GT video card - so the extra mem on the video card could explain the diff in avail free mem in XP (there's a ton of discussion on how much avail free mem is found in XP32 - it supports up to 4GB, but that amount is never shown as free / avail - there are so many details as to why this is the case....

the best thing would be if others with the ep45 series giga boards , 4gb of RAM and running XP (32) could comment on the amount of MEM shown by XP in their setup - such as my 2.5GB free and your 2.75 GB free - how much RAM is on your video card?

Comment

Yes a larger video card is likely the cause here for sure.

Depending on your card and OS you will have 2.5-3.25 available with 4Gb and a 32bit system

Comment

POST show 4GB but XP show 2.75
          my old board with the same hardware and software shows 3.25 in xp

video card is 9800GX2 the same in both motherboards, but in the new one, i dont have installed the drivers yet, coz im waiting the nvidia whql big ban 2 drivers
          Last edited by Dymblos; 11-18-2008, 10:07 AM.

Comment

hello? :O XD.. any answer

Comment

Are you sure both cards have the exact same ram on the cards? If you want, post me a CPU-z txt dump from both systems and I will see what I can say. It's on the last tab of CPU-z

Both systems have SP3 or not?

Comment

useful links pertaining to XP memory info

Though this won't answer your exact question / issue - here's some good info on 32-bit Windows & how RAM is handled by XP x86:

see the MS article: Memory Management - Demystifying /3GB at: Ask the Performance Team : Memory Management - Demystifying /3GB

AND for more info:
                /3GB

also this Autodesk article has some useful info:

From all of this you may see better how XP utilizes memory - and therefore explain the differences of free mem in your setup.

Comment

More of the same >>>
                  The 4GB Windows Memory Limit: What does it really mean? - Brian Madden - BrianMadden.com

Memory Limits for Windows Releases (Windows)

Comment

Working...
                  X