Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-790X-DS4 issues!!??

Hello,

I have a Gigabyte GA-790X-DS4 and I'm trying to install Vista Ultimate X64... However I have 2 of the strangest issues..

First issue, Bios or ACPI issue? I have a Visiontek HD4870 512MB Video Card. I can load Vista Ultimate X64 and then try to install the Catalyst drivers. Once the Catalyst drivers start to install the whole system crashes and the bios recovery (fail safe) starts up and switches over to the other chip and then it goes on. The only thing I can think of is some type of "interference" between the drivers and the IRQ access. Has anything like this happened to anyone else or has this been reported?

Second issue, RAID issue. I set up a RAID 0 with 2 500GB Seagate drives. If I attach a SATA DVD-RW drive to the RAID array it throws the whole thing out of whack. If it trys to "Boot from CD" it will hang and that's it. I'm assuming the SB600 has some type of "flaw" in the RAID setup to deal with SATA DVD drives attached to the array? Figured I would ask since it seems there are answers here.

Thanks in advance,

-Dominic

Re: Gigabyte GA-790X-DS4 issues!!??

Have you tried older or newer Driver versions? And you do have all your motherboard drivers already installed right? Like chipset and such.

This is your board correct, just want to be sure the following info is correct about your BIOS settings >>>

GA-MA790X-DS4 (rev. 1.0)
    GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-MA790X-DS4 (rev. 1.0)

What PSU do you have? It may not be good enough for that card, not sure if that would cause this issue, but thought I would ask. Do you have Init First Display set to PEG in the Advanced BIOS page, you should for the first PCI-E slot

Go in your advanced BIOS page and you should have Hard Disk Boot Priority, go in there and move your RAID array to the top of the list. Here is that page with some info >>>

You should also be sure you have the correct BIOS Settings in the Integrated Peripherals Page for your Disks/drives >>>

OnChip IDE Channel0............Enabled if you have IDE Devices

OnChip SATA Controller..........Enabled

OnChip SATA Type.................RAID

If that is not your board, please do let me know so I may give you the proper BIOS settings for your board.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, that is exactly the board model #. I have checked, there is only the RAID setup and no other drives listed in the Hard Disk Priority box. Bad part is that if I try to boot from CD and I set the IDE CD-ROM as the first - it will still hang on the SATA drive. The only way to get it to move past that is to unplug the drive and it will immediately move past the Boot from CD prompt into the RAID array (OS).

I'm still looking for any possible insight on the Catalyst issues. This works fine in WXP 32bit and Vista 32 Ultimate - However with 64bit it crashes the bios when Catalyst drivers are loaded????

-Dom

Comment

IDE Cdrom? I thought you have SATA DVD? You lost me there, but if you do need to boot from cd and keep having this issue, just remove the cd/dvd drive from the boot device order (The 1, 2, 3 area) and just use F12 at bootup to choose boot to CD

Do you have the correct latest Driver, if not get it here >>>
        Drivers & Software

And then try right click and run as admin and see if that helps any.

Is your PSU good enough for that card? How many amps on the 12V rail?

Comment

Working...
        X