X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disable ctfmon.exe

I AM NEW USER AND THIS IS MY FIRST POST

IN THIS THREAD,I WILL TELL YOU HOW TO DISABLE CTFMON.EXE

PROBLEM: Many people are frustrated with the ctfmon.exe process that just won't stop opening no matter what you do. You remove it from the startup items and it just magically reappears. So what is it?

INTRODUCTION:Ctfmon is the Microsoft process that controls Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It's how you can control the computer via speech or a pen tablet, or using the onscreen keyboard inputs for asian languages.

FIX
    There's an additional step we can take to make sure it gets turned off in Windows XP, which really seems to be the best answer for XP users.

Open up Control Panel and choose Regional and Language Options.

Choose the Languages tab and then click on Details in the top section.

Now on the Advanced tab you can choose to "Turn off advanced text services", which should immediately close ctfmon.

You'll also want to take a look at the first Settings tab, and make sure that your "Installed Services" box looks similar to this one:

If you have more than one Installed service then ctfmon might come back… For instance on my system there was an input for my drawing tablet so I could use it as a text input… which I don't care about, so I clicked Remove on it.
Working...
X