EP45-DS3L and Vista X64 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-DS3L and Vista X64 ...

hi all, im a new here. i found this place got some good idea to fix prob so .. heres mine

i got :
    GA-EP45 DS3L with F9 bios
    Q6600 stock
    OCZ reaper 4GB (2x2GB) PC6400 @2.0V
    BFG 8800GT OC
    2 x seagate 320GB
    BFG 650W PSU

ok here my prob .. if i run XP pro or Vista in 32bits, i never had problem, but when i change to X64 version, my system is really unstable.

alots of BSOD .. like 10 per day ...95% is refering to faulty driver and conflict. i ran the same videocard on another mobo with Vista ultimate X64 on it and tested some NV driver and they are all really stable, no bug. same for memory, mine ran Memtest for 24 hours, each stick and both at same time .. just to be sure. I even put my old corsair XMS2 in my pc to see and it still unstable. but in my other system everything work fine. btw my other is

P5NSLI
    E6400 OC @ 3.0ghz
    Corsair XMS2 PC6400 2GB (2x1GB)
    7800GTX OC 512mb
    same psu

so after throwin part in my other pc and see they are not the prob.

i only see its the driver from Gigabyte .. im canadian .. so i thinked to go on .ca webpage to get latest driver ... SURPRISE .. no lan driver O.o but on the .com page they got it .. anyway .. aftr installing .ca driver ... whos supposed to be the damn same driver than global one. i got bsod ... got bsod too with driver from global website ..

im not nub in pc, i manage to repair everything of my own .. but this time i dont understand whats the prob ... and the fustrating part is that alot of ppl got the same board, but run X64 OS perfectly ... i got a faulty one ????

Re: EP45-DS3L and Vista X64 ...

Are you certain that all drivers (chipset, video,etc) are for 64bit?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by DuroQc View Post
      im not nub in pc, i manage to repair everything of my own .. but this time i dont understand whats the prob ... and the fustrating part is that alot of ppl got the same board, but run X64 OS perfectly ... i got a faulty one ????
      Not a faulty one but not stable. Are you OC? If yes, be sure if your system is pretty stable: please use MemTest86+, Orthos, Prime95 or any other stress program.
      If not, please inform your RAM configuration and CPU voltage. Many guys here will try to help you.
      Other important thing, you know that you must have only 64-bit drivers installed for every piece of hardware, like disk controllers, LAN internal or external, USB, video card and so on.
      And download drivers from Gigabyte.com.tw for now. Optimization with fresh drives can wait until you got everything stable.
      GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
      i5-4690K + Corsair H90
      Sapphire Radeon R7 240
      16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
      Corsair CX750M
      Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Are you changing HPET to 64 bit in the power management page?

Get your LAN Driver here >>>
        ftp://202.65.194.211/cn/nic/Driver_Vista_6213_1119.zip

Comment

As the others have said, you really need to either try the Vista Memory Diagnostics and/or Memtest.

Vista uses ASLR (Address Space layout randomisation), which means it could be showing up a less than perfect memory setup. As Xp is different in this regard, a memory issue may never come to light.
          GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieDawg View Post
            Are you certain that all drivers (chipset, video,etc) are for 64bit?
            ya, all my driver are for X64.

no i didnt OC'ed my cpu yet .. i want it badly :P but need a stable os before,i run it at stock speed and vcore. memtest ran 24h without error

memory spec :

OCZ reaper 2X2GB DDR2-800
            running at 2.1v ( under 2.0 i got memtest error .. OCZ tech say that the default voltage is 2.1 but run perfect at 2.0 .. like alot of OCZ ram)

for ''Are you changing HPET to 64 bit in the power management page?'' well i didnt thinked about it, ill see if its my prob. ill give it a try later .. have to reinstall Vista X64 .. im running XP64 right now .. but need DX10 support so...

thx for the lan driver .. the one i got on website is 6211 ...

my chipset driver is : 9.1.0.1007
            and my audio one is : R2.00
            Last edited by DuroQc; 11-29-2008, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Ahh sorry about the HPET Comment, I thought you said Vista I suppose. Still on xp then as of now?

There is a 1008 Chipset driver as well, maybe a newer one of those would help? I really could not say since I use Vista x64 how x64 XP would be, but I do know there is alot of drivers that are not made for XP x64.

So maybe even if you have all the drivers you need for it one is just not as compatible as you would like or need it to be. Try vista x64 again with all new drivers and let me know how you get along, or what issues you have.

Here is 1008 chipset drivers >>>
              Software License Agreement

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                Are you changing HPET to 64 bit in the power management page?
                I've always seen this in the BIOS and wondered.. What is it? What does it do? Does it boost performance? Please explain.

DuroQc, I experienced this same problem you are experiencing, just with my LAN drivers. The BSOD was pointing to them. It was a simple error of not taking my time and reading and once I saw 64bit I downloaded. It was the XP 64bit drivers I installed on Vista and this caused the BSOD.

Please take your time and double check that you are downloading the Vista 64bit drivers.

Comment

well i had XP64 installed cause i got 4gb of memory and 32 bits only see 2.5gb ... cause it take my gfx card memory in calcul....

i reinstalled vista X64, i only have 1 bsod and it pointed to memory management .. but i didnt uncheck the auto restart so it restarted too fast

thx for the chipset driver . hope GiGabyte will update his site for dl ... the one on website is outdated

thx for your support guys, really

Comment

It basically a hardware interrupt like ACPI, and yes it does improve performance (As you will see on the MS page)

Here is some info about HPET >>>
                    High Precision Event Timer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    Guidelines For Providing Multimedia Timer Support
                    Q&A: HPET Timer - Intel® Software Network
                    http://www.techarp.com/showfreebog.a...ng=0&bogno=416
                    http://www.intel.com/hardwaredesign/hpetspec_1.pdf

Comment

It basically a hardware interrupt like ACPI, and yes it does improve performance (As you will see on the MS page)

Here is some info about HPET >>>
                      High Precision Event Timer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      Guidelines For Providing Multimedia Timer Support
                      Q&A: HPET Timer - Intel® Software Network
                      Tech ARP - HPET Support
                      http://www.intel.com/hardwaredesign/hpetspec_1.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X