Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-E7AUM-DS2H ET6 and DES in Vista x64 wont work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-E7AUM-DS2H ET6 and DES in Vista x64 wont work.

Hi all.

I guess this is one of the first GA-E7AUM-DS2H posts here. :)

I built a HTPC two weeks ago but I cant get DES and ET6 to work in win vista x64. I have gotten them to work two times but after reboot the same problems occur. ET6 crashes (and continues to crash on every attempt to start it..) and DES says that I have to update, despite having an later version on my install-cd than is available on gigabytes downloadpage... DES seems to be running in the background as a 32bit app according to task manager, but I cant start the gui and make changes.. Tried everything from running as admin to take ownerhsip and compatability options...

I have spent so many hours installing and reinstalling everything from vista to drivers.. Getting a bit frustrated and annoyed with wasting precious time on non-working apps..

Does anyone have a solution or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H ET6 and DES in Vista x64 wont work.

Do you have the latest chipset drivers and windows updates installed? .Net optional ones as well?

Do you need DES?

Easytune I could for sure recommend you some other software instead of as it is really only good to look at temps/voltages with which can be done with many other apps

Comment

I just reinstalled everything from scratch and now it seems to work. But this past experience has left me somewhat uneasy with gigabytes software. I would really appreciate suggestions to alternative software. I guess that DES is propriety and there is no substitution?

Again, thanks for your reply.

Comment

Well you can just leave C1E and EIST enabled but it does make overclocking much harder. If you dont overclock just leaving those enabled will save you energy if that is your concern

As for other programs to show you what Easytune does there is tons! CPU-z is a good start as that is what that is based off of >>>
        CPUID

GPU-z >>>
        GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

MANY Other information/benchmarking apps (See post #3) >>>

What did you particularly use EasyTune for and I can find you another app maybe if those do not get you covered

Comment

Yes, energy saving is always something to strive for. :) Now that DES works, I wont be spending to much time finding alternatives for it.

I looked at the links you provided and there are alot of brilliant applications that can do as much and even more than easy tune. I guess that I was just lazy. :)

Thank you for your assistance and advice, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Glad you are happy, and got DES working then! Yes, there are MANY Programs out there that do MUCH more the EasyTune, some are not on that list as well I believe.

Post back if you need anything else and we will try to help ya.

Comment

Working...
            X