GA-E7AUM-DS2H and DES in Vista x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-E7AUM-DS2H and DES in Vista x64

I've installed DES on my new HTPC running Vista x64 and get a message every time I boot - "DES is turned off!! Please use DES application to turn it on again". I can carry on booting after pressing any key and the DES application appears to work when start it in Vista. However, come the next boot and I get the message again.

Initially, I uninstalled DES but that didn't stop the message! However, after several attempts, I finally managed to uninstall it and the message has now gone.

BTW I noticed a thread in another forum that mentioned getting this problem when they, like me, set SATA AHCI in the BIOS but not when they used IDE - I can't see why this would make a difference but it may be a clue.

I would really like to use DES though, so if anyone has any explanation for the message I'd be very grateful.

John

Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H and DES in Vista x64

Are you using the latest DES for your board, and are you using the latest BIOS?

Are you overclocked at all?

Comment

I'm using the DES and the BIOS that came with the board - as far as I can tell, there haven't been any updates yet.

The CPU is an Intel 7300 @ 2.66GHz and I haven't changed any of the performance settings at all. In fact, the only changes to the BIOS defaults are:

C2/C2E State Support - Enabled
      C4/C4E State Support - Enabled
      Away Mode - Enabled
      HDD SMART - Enabled
      On-chip SATA - AHCI
      Onboard Serial/Parallel Ports - Disabled
      ACPI Suspend Type - S3
      HPET Support - Enabled
      AC Back - Full On

Other system properties:

4GB RAM
      Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T-500 PCI card
      Single WD 1TB GP hard drive

Thanks for any help!

Comment

HPET Set to 64? Just checking

Found you trying to find you some answers >>
        AVS Forum - View Single Post - *Official* Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H Thread (NVIDIA 9400 mATX HDMI 8 channel LPCM)

I see you are right only one BIOS so far for that board. What happens when try to update DES thru the program, or do you not want to install it again?

The only ones I see that get updated, or I see period, are not for your board. Any of the versions. >>>
        GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Utility
        -- GIGABYTE -- Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced - Ultra Durable 2 Motherboards
        I do see your board supports it, but just not sure which or where the download is for your board. The program itself has a update button on it though if you wanted to try again and update it and see if that helps.

Or you could contact Tech support and see what they have to say about it >>>
        GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Comment

TBH, I wasn't keen on re-installing DES because of the difficulty in removing it again! However, on the avsforum thread you found, someone else has confirmed that it can be removed fully using the Programs->Gigabyte->Energy Saving->uninstall menu (rather from control panel - uninstall programs which leaves stuff in the pre-Windows boot) so I may try again later.

As you say, the next step might be to raise a support request with gigabyte.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

I ALWAYS Use a REAL uninstall program instead of either of those methods becuase BOTH leave junk in the windows/program folders and tons of Registry junk as well.

Here is the one I use "Your Uninstaller 2008" >>>
            Your Uninstaller! 2008 FREE Download, Fix uninstall problems, completely remove programs.

Ya, I would see what their response is about it, they may send you a beta BIOS or Beta DES program to try, or tell you why this is happening maybe.

Comment

Working...
            X