GA-EP45-UD3R - 2 pin Power LED header, case 3 pin connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3R - 2 pin Power LED header, case 3 pin connector

Just putting together my first system build. All is great except for one issue (so far!). I'm just connecting the front panel wiring and everything fits except for the Power LED (called Message/Power/Sleep LED in the manual). The connection is 2 pins. My case is an Antec NSK 6580B and the Power LED connection has 2 wires but a 3 pin connector. Bottom line is there is not enough room inside the MB front panel connection module to connect this lead. Do I need to get a connector adaptor of some sort to get the 3 hole connector to work to the 2 pin header on the MB? Any other suggestions?

Silverstone TJ08B-E micro ATX case | ASRock Z77 Pro4-M micro ATX MB | Intel i5 3570K CPU | Samsung 830 256GB SATA 3 SSD | WD Caviar Black 500GB SATA 3 HDD | EVGA GTX 650 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 SDRAM | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Windows 7 HP 64-bit

Re: GA-EP45-UD3R - 2 pin Power LED header, case 3 pin connector

I had a similar situation, I took sharp scissors and snipped the middle of the connector out, basically making it a 2 pin.

Comment

Originally posted by wtfchuck View Post
      I had a similar situation, I took sharp scissors and snipped the middle of the connector out, basically making it a 2 pin.
      If I understand what you're saying: you cut out the middle of the plastic Power LED connector coming from the Antec front panel and then were able to connect it to the 2 pins on the motherboard?
      Silverstone TJ08B-E micro ATX case | ASRock Z77 Pro4-M micro ATX MB | Intel i5 3570K CPU | Samsung 830 256GB SATA 3 SSD | WD Caviar Black 500GB SATA 3 HDD | EVGA GTX 650 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 SDRAM | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Windows 7 HP 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by highcountryrider View Post
        If I understand what you're saying: you cut out the middle of the plastic Power LED connector coming from the Antec front panel and then were able to connect it to the 2 pins on the motherboard?
        yes, it worked in my situation.

Comment

A little further reading of the manual (as usual!) showed a 3 pin header just above and outside (see picture) of the main front panel connection module. The manual states this can be used to connect a Power LED from the front panel.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Comment

Give it a try. My situation involved a different mobo and case. Post back to update if it works.

Comment

3 pin header outside front panel connector module worked fine. Just goes to show it's a good thing to read the manual carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X