Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot setup Vista x64 in GA-MA78GM-DS2H (freeze/reboot after

Hello!
    I've recently bought a Gigabyte's GA-MA78GM-DS2H motherboard (graphic onboard) with a AMD Phenom X4 9550 and 2 x 2 Gb Ocz's DDR2 PC6400 (Titanium Edition), and I cannot install Windows Vista 64 at all... since it freezes/reboots right at the beginning of setup, in the "Windows is loading files...." section after the gray bar get to the end...

At the moment, after I had read some posts in this and other forums, I've been trying to setup vista 64 with the following config:

- removed all additional boards (like the sound card or tv board);

- setup with only one dimm installed (2 Gb), one hd (SATA) and one dvd drive (IDE) installed;

- manually adjusted the memory voltage in the BIOS to 2,1v and to 4-4-4-15 timings (the default ones for this RAM, since the board detected higher timings, in auto mode);

- turned off Amd's Quiet and Cool feature in BIOS, as well as other unnecessary things for the setup (such as additional USB's ports, Fan Control, etc);

- set the SATA controller to operate in Native IDE mode in BIOS;

- set the Floppy Disk setting to none in BIOS (since i don't have any).

And after all this adjustments I still cannot setup Windows Vista 64,.. however i setup Windows Vista 32 without any problem.. or special adjustment to do...

I'm going completely crazy with Vista x64... does anyone know what else should I do??

Thanks in advance,
    SkElEtIkO
    Last edited by skeletiko; 12-28-2008, 08:24 PM.

Re: Cannot setup Vista x64 in GA-MA78GM-DS2H (freeze/reboot after

What happens when you run memtest? Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Also set:

Performance Enhance = Standard
    tRFC = 56
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by VorLonUK View Post
      What happens when you run memtest? Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Also set:

Performance Enhance = Standard
      tRFC = 56
      Hi...

Well.. I haven't run it yet since I tested the system with others memory and the result was the same, so I considered that the memory wouldn't be the problem...but... I'll run it tomorrow morning just to be completely sure...

When you say to set Performance Enhance and TRFC, where do you want me to set it? (BIOS or memtest... i think that you're referring to memtest, but since i've never used it ).

Thanks for the help,
      SkElEtIkO

Comment

try installing with 2 gigs only then install the 4gb patch fot vista 64 bit

Comment

Originally posted by BURTON88 View Post
          try installing with 2 gigs only then install the 4gb patch fot vista 64 bit

Originally posted by skeletiko View Post
          At the moment, after I had read some posts in this and other forums, I've been trying to setup vista 64 with the following config:

(...)

- setup with only one dimm installed (2 Gb), one hd (SATA) and one dvd drive (IDE) installed;
          Thanks anyway,
          SkElEtIkO

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X