Help with p5n32 e sli asus & q9550 cpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with p5n32 e sli asus & q9550 cpu

Hi, not to sure about whats going wrong here, but here goes, I have a p5n32 e sli mb, bought a new q9550 quad cpu, updated bios to newest 1601, set chip booted up, chked bios, chip was there at correct speed, 2.83, looked at multiplier set to 8, didnt chk voltage, boot to windows 32 bit vista home prem. All is fine, no issues, then bam BSOD wqrl not greater or less, reboots and does this a few times, each time i checked the windows solution, it kept saying my nvidia sata drivers, but i had just updated those also? I know asus says this is not a compatible chip, but I have read where a few peeeps have run them on this board. Can some one help with maybe ensureing I have all the correct voltage settings and what nots in the bios correct. I was told it seemed that it was a voltage issue by a friend. Any help with this woul;d be great, and if nothing else maybe a reconmended new MB, to go with my other componants. Using 4 gig corsair domniator, nvindia 8800gtx oc 768 video card, 750 watt ps in a antec 900 case. I can give more info on parts if so neeeded. Thanks guys, Im a bit of a moron on the bios stuff. I do know I can oc with thi Mb tho.

Re: Help with p5n32 e sli asus & q9550 cpu

If you can try going back to the original bios, the new bios may have a problem, i have that with my 2600xt, cd drivers work, newest ones screw the shat out of it and i have to go back to the old ones

Comment

Working...
    X