Vista install freezing during install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista install freezing during install

I've tried installing Vista 64 on my computer but it's freezing during install. I currently have XP installed and want to run a dual boot system. XP is installed on a raid 0 array which is partitioned into several smaller drives. I was planning to install Vista on another partition on the raid array. During install, the first part goes ok. After the computer restarts and the "completing setup..." screen is shown, the install freezes. I've tried installing it 4 times and each time it freezes at the same time. I don't know why. Also, now when I start the computer I get a boot menu with an "earlier version of windows" and 4 lines of Vista installations. The vista installations all don't work though. How could I get rid of these in the boot menu? I did some internet searching and some recommended turning off the hard drives that vista wasn't going to be installed on. I did so and the installation still froze. I don't know what other settings it could be or whats causing this.
    I have an EVGA 680i mobo.

Re: Vista install freezing during install

Does Vista allow for F6 drivers to be installed at the beginning of the process? It sounds like it isn't seeing the RAID so may need a driver to access the array.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Well, that's the thing. I didn't see an option to press F6 like in the XP install. Does anyone know if this is an option. It recognizes all the partitions during the install, and I chose the one I wanted to install on. It freezes about 10 minutes later during install.

Comment

Ya, it is there it is just not a "F6" thing in vista.

Where you choose the disk/partition to install to you will see a "Load Driver" Button as you see here, press that and load your RAID Drivers >>>>

Comment

I am having trouble finding a raid driver for the nvidia 680i chipset ( I have an EVGA 680i mobo). I can only find mobo drivers but not raid drivers. Does anyone know of a website for these kind of downloads?

Comment

Working...
          X