Ep-45 ds4p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep-45 ds4p

I bought ep45ds4p mainboard before a few months form newegg in USA. It dosent work since I have bought ,I changed the power supply, memory and other hardware but :( I dislike gigabyte products I have sent many emails to newegg and gigabyte us and now Im in turkey also gigabyte turkey but I havent got any solution yet.I cant replace my mobo. Everytime to restarting pc I have to shutdown the pc and then off the power spply then clrs cmos so Im tired because of this mainboard's problems. (When the bios post memory size in fist screen memory text label looks Mem.... other text is missing or damaged and memory size is empty then begins continuously restart until I off the power switch and remove bios battery)
    configuration:
    bios version F8 (didnt remove problem (default setting and manuel setting))
    ep45-ds4p
    corsair 4096 2x2 1066 mhz (I have tried mushkin 1066 and 800 mhz)
    9800 gtx zotac amp
    1 TR Segate harddisk
    Nec DVD-WRTR
    700 W Tagan BZ series
    CM Straker Case

pls give me solution at last I will throw away this mobo , it is troublemaker
    Last edited by brusky; 01-02-2009, 10:12 AM.

Re: Ep-45 ds4p

I have this motherboard and it works a champ.

First of all please use paragraphs, second it does not help by starting by launching into where u bought it from, and where you travelled to, we really do not care about this.

Second disconnect ALL items that are not essential - including HDD. Leave DVD in for memtest 86+

With 4gb kit ram possibly incompatablity. Check all timings are set to auto - one bios revision i found my bios settings -under advaced memory timimng were set to weird numbers --- go through every single bios page for -auto settings.

Restart computer and run memtest 86+ untill all test pass. If test do not pass i suggest buy some cheap $50 2x1 kit of Kingston- dont touch OCZ - this does not like gigabyte board at all.

If you do have bad ram - last possible rescue - change RAM volts to 2.0v ---- MAY FRY YOUR RAM- ---
    and manually set timmings to 7-7-7-21
    and set command rate to 2t
    if these do not rememdy ---- especially make sure to use some cheap kingston ram -- if no rememdy then come back and list in paragraphs what you did, when you did it, what happened each and every time - may give us more clue to where the snag is.

Comment

Good advic,
      However I would start by clearing the cmos, removing the battery for as long as it takes to drink a cup of coffee, reinserting, rebooting, loading optimised defaults, checking memory settings including volts, a fresh install of windows

i suspect the fault is the OP's and not the board :(

Comment

Originally posted by johnerz View Post
        Good advic,
        However I would start by clearing the cmos, removing the battery for as long as it takes to drink a cup of coffee, reinserting, rebooting, loading optimised defaults, checking memory settings including volts, a fresh install of windows

i suspect the fault is the OP's and not the board :(<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://ancientnovels.com/general/100-ways-to-use-your-ipod-to-learn-and-study-better/?tracker=3248"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://ancientnovels.com/general/100-ways-to-use-your-ipod-to-learn-and-study-better/?tracker=3248" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
        Most likely, the board is great but mistakes sometimes happen.
        Last edited by criteriadan; 03-06-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X