Weird problem with Ga-EP45-DS3L Chipset Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird problem with Ga-EP45-DS3L Chipset Drivers

Hey again! I'm currently helping a friend with a new build; he's using a Ga-EP45-DS3L with f9 bios and everything semed to go together fine. We were able to install windows with no issues and the PC booted up fine. The problem is that as soon as we install the intel chipset drivers (tried them from the included CD, not sure the version there, and downloaded from the Gigabyte website, version 9.1.0.1007) the USB devices (mouse and keyboard) stop responding after the PC is rebooted. At this point we can plug in a PS2 mouse and it works fine.

Do we need to make adjustments to the bios to get them running again, or should we resort to an older chipset driver?

Re: Weird problem with Ga-EP45-DS3L Chipset Drivers

Well, I would always use the latest. I always get my drivers direct, no matter the maker. So here would be Intel's Latest Chipset >>>

I take it you are using USB Mouse and Keyboard, do you have those enabled in the BIOS? If not you need to enabled them. And just so you know, alot of Mice/KB USB Devices need their own respective drivers installed so did you do that?

If you still have issues let me know what Mouse and KB and I will get you the drivers you need
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 01-11-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the link and the reply, LSD! Finally got this to work, although i have no idea why it was happening. Just posting what we did in case anyone else runs into this.

USB keyboard and mouse were enabled all along in the bios, and since we didn't have software installed for the keyboard or mouse and they worked fine before installing the chipset drivers i didn't think that was the culprit. Even with the newer driver you linked to, I was having the same issue. Luckily, I had an old ps2 mouse sitting around so I let the system boot to windows with no response from the USB keyboard still (couldn't even get it to toggle on the numlock indicator light in windows, but the keyboard worked normally until the OS loaded) and opened device manager. Sure enough, there were several normal looking USB device entries followed by several marked w/ yellow "!" indicating problems. I then used the ps2 mouse to right click on the first USB device listed (one that DID NOT indicate a problem), selected the driver tab under properties and selected to roll back the driver. After a few moments, the USB keyboard was properly detected and started working normally, it scanned through and got rid of the extra USB entries with the problem indicators and the USB mouse worked normally when plugged in. Everything seems fine now so anyone else with this issue should give that a shot.

Comment

Nice to see you got it going! Now, if your Mouse/KB does have specific drivers please install them. Like I know my Mouse and KB do from Microsoft, they have "Intelli" drivers that need to be installed to work properly

Comment

Working...
        X