Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS Settings for P35-DS3R

Hello.
    I would like to know if all the settings are fair for best performance, stability and optimization.

My system is as following

Core 2 Duo E6750 (running at stock speed, 2.66)
    Corsair TwinX 2x1GB 800MHZ 4-4-4-12 rated.
    P35-DS3R
    HIS 4870
    WD and Seagate HDD SATA.
    3 FAN cases.

What I don't like is seeing the flashing red "Voltages are not optimized", however, otherwise my ram won't get the necessary 2.1v. Once the System Voltage Control is set to manual, all the sub options are "normal" or +0.1v, +0.2v, etc.

My current BIOS settings:

Re: BIOS Settings for P35-DS3R

Thats fine to do it that way. The flashing Red writing is just a reminder that the voltages aren't in Auto Mode, which is a bit Overkill in my opinion. (Ie it's information only rather than a warning)

Only set the DDR2 Voltage to 2.1volts if you Need to.

Personally I'd try it at 1.9 or even 2.0volts with Memtest. There's no need in driving your Ram to its maximum warrantied amount if its not required.

Memtest V2.11 Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Comment

Since the specs require 2.1v I went back in BIOS and set DDR2 to +0.3v
        That is Not what the RAM requires in ALL setups. Your Setup ie Board/Ram combination may need to go as high as the warrantied max voltage ie 2.1volts to be stable.

The Module label usually states the maximum warrantied voltage for the Module - not the nominal voltage.

But I'm confused about your posts. You say you've been running your Ram at 2.1volts, I suggest testing it at a lower voltage and then you post:-
        Since the specs require 2.1v I went back in BIOS and set DDR2 to +0.3v
        & now,
        I am back now with everything on stock, Auto Voltages and Auto RAM timmings. Hopefully nothing was damaged.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

The picture was actually what I was going to change to, I think I formulated it wrong.

Anyway I was on the corsair forums too and 2-3 people including the corsair official representative told me I need to make sure the ram runs at 2.1v otherwise stability issues might arrise (and they did quite rare, 0x0000005E BSOD).

Now they are saying there might be a chance that the memory controller has an issue.

I did not said this, but ever since I had this board with this ram I could NEVER run memtest. It always hangs at "Loading....................." and the test never starts.
          I have tried only 1 stick of ram and change it's position and still have the same hanging.

Now I'm pretty sure either my motherboard or the RAM is faulty (my first P35-DS3R had to return it because the ethernet faild after 2 days, and also it would not shut off the power to the computer, as in windows would shut down but the case fans would still spin).

Is there a way to test the motherboard and exclude it as being faulty without a different set of RAM (since I don't have any at spare to try)

Comment

Working...
          X